Ability to adjust weights at measure group level

Related products: None

We've noticed that weights for measure groups are becoming skewed when clients don't license a certain product, etc. and the measure is NA. The weights are redistributed when we actually still want Adoption, Engagement, etc. to retain certain weights even if/especially if a certain measure is NA or 0. Are there plans to add this functionality in a future release?

This is a good use case callout, Anastassia.

@shantan_reddy - any recommendations on this one?

Hi @ana_g,

This is something we want to work on in the next quarter. Thanks for the call-out!

Would it be possible for us to have a call regarding this, so I can get a better understanding of your use-case?

@dan_ahrens

Hi @shantan_reddy @dan_ahrens , would be happy to jump on a call next Friday if possible. Are you available between 1:30-3pm EST? Please add my manager Jackie on any communications.

Related request:  https://community.gainsight.com/cs-ideas-21/scorecard-2-0-apply-weightings-by-group-1762

I still think this isn’t possible today, and I’d like to add a use case to this and see if we can get some eyes on this @anirbandutta. I’m going to simplify this a bit just to illustrate the point

Background - 

We have 6 measure groups:

1 - Sentiment

2 - Support Related

3 - Services Related

4 - Product 1

5 - Product 2

6 - Product 3

We want to weight the three product measure groups together so that the relative weighting between groups is something like this:

1a - Sentiment 35%

2a - Product Groups 25%

3a - Support 20%

4a - Services 20%

Today, each of the product groups would have about an 8% weighting individually but in aggregate would represent the 25%.

Issue - 

Now, not every customer will have every product. The issue though is that 2a above is made up of three measure groups and when one is NA its weight is distributed evenly amongst ALL of the remaining measure groups. Unfortunately, this throws the desired weighting out of whack. You can game the numbers a bit so that the relative position of importance is maintained, but not really the desired % distribution.

Ask - 

It would be great to have some way to ‘lock’ measure group weights (maybe even specific measure as well, for continuity) so that when a group becomes N/A its weight is only redistributed among specific measure groups. You could also create measure group groups but that seems a bit silly.