Ability to add a filter that equals a field

Related products: None

It would be nice to be able to add a filter for instance that looks at another field. Example would be a have the "assigned to" field as a filter for a report or rule, etc and I am able to set that equal to the CSM field on the account Object. 
I'd like to second this. We might solve our current challenge with visibility within a team but not across different teams. Example would be to filter out customers by team where current user's team equals team that certain customer is assigned to.

With that, we could easily, with one condition, filter out each report, dashboard and customer info per teams.

Currently the solution we found is to manually add filters per CSM, team leader etc. This is extremely difficult to scale to dozen of teams and manually maintain all of them (team leaders and team members).
+1 on this
I think I just found out how to do this. Started playing with the filter criteria on the action and you can set a field equal to a field. Instead of value in the criteria on the action choose field and you need to have those two fields in the show me field in the setup rule section. Numbers can only equal numbers and names/names, etc. 
True, this is possible like you said.

I believe I rushed a bit on this topic since I was thinking about ability to look at another field on reports and dashboards.
ahhh yes that is slightly different but absolutely worth posting. What you may want to do is re-post your idea and I will like it?
This is a cool idea. I'm guessing limit the filter to another column of the same type (string to string, date to date, user to user). We'll need to understand if there are any performance implications. Andy in your example, the assigned to is for a task or CTA object?
in my example it was actually for a filter criteria in creating a rule. 
Posted, here's the link.

Feel free to add on to it if you have more ideas.
Andrew - Creating a filter that equals a field is available in Aggregation task in Bionic rules and in the action level filters in rules engine. This is not possible on Report builder since Salesforce does not allow that query :( 
Sundar, thanks a lot for clarifying this. totally understand the case however it would be super helpful to have this possibility in reports as well.
Agree!  In my use case, I'm trying to add a widget for the C360 to pull over tasks created by the Sales Rep in SF.  I would love to be able to add a filter that says Created by = Account Owner.
@sundar With more MDA objects, I've come across this need more. For example, I want to look at Timeline Entries where the CSM logged the entry.