Ability for CTA/Success plan to be a lookup field for Custom MDA

Related products: None

It would be good if we’ll have the ability to make a lookup of the CTA/Success Plan to a custom Object. This would make reporting/Updating via rules a lot easier and less stress to the custom object. Thank you!!!

Agreed! It would be a well structured MDA when we custom build. 

Allowing lookup mapping to Success Plan or CTA fields using its GSID preloaded to another MDA would be added advantage. In common terms, like how we see Company or Relationship mda lookoup field setup, if we could enable similar lookups to SP/CTA and Timeline would make solutioning easy. 

There are business use cases like pulling out recent sentiments of a success plan or a CTA of a customer or relationship and for those cases, we have to rebuild a new mda containing these data set.  If lookup fields setup are available to map between SP/CTA and Timeline can reporting easy. 

+100

@kevin.olayta You can add that custom object as a linked object to a CTA and look up to a field in that custom object. Am I missing something?

@sriram pasupathi -

Could you please let us know what steps for vice versa. We wanted to link CTA GSID  and SP GSID in a custom MDA object’s GSID lookup field.
Our use case is, if we wanted to know cos of which CTA or success plan a customers sentiment moved then we wanted to track that in a separate MDA as the current platform timeline configs allow various options for logging timeline from SP/CTA/Scorecards but then CSMs go very generic by logging it specific to relationship. 

This difficulty has brought us to maintain related success plan or CTA triggered the change on Sentiment to be available for reporting from custom MDA. 

@kevin.olayta We are planning a new feature in timeline where you can associate a CTA or success plan to a timeline entry after the timeline entry is created. Would that solve your use case?

cc @Chirag 

@sriram pasupathi , 

I am glad there is some enhancement to associate timeline to a CTA or SP. When is it expected to be released? 

Also, I think it wouldn’t assist better for the ask I placed.

Custom object storing Success Plan GSID, we are unable to lookup details from Success Plan MDA as there is no option linking custom mda SP GSID field to actual success plans like company or relationships we do. Similarly CTAs couldn’t be looked up from another custom MDA that holds CTA GSIDs.

There are many use case to which we ask this functionality. In recent days, we held back on several request where not just for activity timeline that I explained but even ended up saying no to other asks for linking existing mda’s holding onboarding source data. This feature is good to have as it enhances reporting. Hope it helps.

FYI, you can create a lookup to CTA or Success plan. The source object where you are creating the lookup has to be low volume object, not high.

Obviously not idea as there are pitfalls with this solution. But, depending on when they roll out the OOTB feature it might be your only solution.