Unsubscribe users from within Gainsight

Related products: None

Hello,

I'm working with a customer who is wanting the ability to unsubscribe their customers from Copilot outreaches.

Currently, the only way to accomplish this is for the email recipient to unsubscribe via the email link.

Is there any future plan to allow users to unsubscribe their customers from Copilot Outreaches via the Gainsight UI?

Thanks
Hey Tom,

You can add an "Unsubscribed from CoPilot" field on the contact and then include that filter in the powerlist/bionic query. Would this work?
Would this apply to current AO campaigns where the powerlist was already input and those on the list will receive conditional follow ups?
Hi Anand,

If someone has already been synced into the AO as a participant, they will not be removed based on the power list criteria being changed but if your participant source sync runs on a schedule than moving forward no one would be pulled in based on this criteria.
That makes sense. So confirming that if we go through the process Dan mentioned for anybody who wants to unsubscribe, we would just need to refresh the powerlist for it to stop any followups in a campaign from going to those newly unsubscribed?
Hi Anand,

The power list can only bring people in as a participant, it cannot take them out. The only way to remove an existing participant would be to knock them off in the participant section.
Any updates on this one? It is important to record unsubscribers if they just respond to the email instead of clicking the link.
Hi Joe, will the "unsubscribed from CoPilot" solution I provided above not work for your use case?
Hi Dan,

This has come up a few times in support and while your idea would work, I find that many customers want to just be able to unsubscribe on behalf of a customer similar to how they would be unsubscribing. That way it is automatically referenced in programs instead of having to modify their queries and power lists.

Maybe in the future we can give this functionality but note in the Opt out object that this was done internally?

@dan_ahrens This is doable... but that would mean we'd have to put that filter on every single outreach/program we create.

It would be a lot easier and cleaner if we could just add contacts to the "unsubscribe/blacklist."

We have added a email opt-out field in person object. User can modify it manually or data can be synced in it via rules or connector. Programs will automatically honor this field (you don’t need to add it as a filter) and emails will not be send to contacts for whom this field is checked. 

@nitisha_rathi  Our ‘opt out’ use case is not so granular so I think I can/should sync MDA.Person.EmaiklOptOut field with the SFDC contact.HasOptedOutOfEmail field. Thanks for the tip!