Timeline UI Feedback/Ideas

Related products: None

I love Timeline so much both from an angle of what it enables our customers to do but also how it drives sticky adoption with our customers. After working with it for almost a year now and seeing feedback from community I wanted to share some UI/usability ideas that might help to make Timeline even better. Not sure if any of this is already in the works or not.

Ideas summarized as follows:

1. Drafts (in red) - fly out option to minimize/maximize drafts window to better use real estate (and maybe an icon notification to show if there are drafts while the draft window is minimized).

2. Milestones, NPS and other types (in orange) - clean way to show some entries that aren't notes, but may be relevant to see on the timeline like NPS responses, milestone events, etc

3. Adding Milestone (in white) - the current process to add milestones is somewhat hidden as part of usage data. If we move to integrate milestones with timeline it would be nice to be able to add milestones directly from timeline

4. Showing more activity info (in blue) - we might be able to better use existing real estate (and especially if we can optionally minimize drafts) to show additional information like external attendees
Hi Dan,

Can you please share the browser screen dimension details..
Good catch Kommu. This screen shot was taken in 1920x1200. :)

so maybe the 4th suggestion might not be universally viable. Hopefully 1-3 would work though?
I love these suggestions - to add, 2 things I think can absolutely drive Timeline forward: 

1. Enable reporting on Timeline Notes

2. Adding picklists as an option to customize activity layouts (will enable better reporting / tracking) 
Thanks for the info !!

Will discuss internally about the feasibility.
And one more - I'd like to be able to edit the Timeline entries made via CTAs, in Timeline. I'm leaning away from making entries through the CTA right now because they cannot be edited. 
I did a small analysis on our usage and realized that more than 80% of Gainsight usage is on Screen with width higher than 1360 px

Width -  % of Total

1920  -  24.68

1360  -  21.64

1440  -  12.66

1366  -  7.24

1536  -  6.47

1600  -  6.19

1680  -  2.50

~25% of usage in screen with width = 1920 

I think all our new designs should take this into account.

any progress on allowing the Drafts panel to either be hidden or pop in and out? it’s a bummer to not be able to use the full screen to read timeline.