The option for a "back" button in the Surveys.

Related products: CS Surveys & NPS

Currently in the Survey tool, the end recipient is unable to go "back" a page once they select "Next" page. Would love to have the option in case the end recipient needs to go back and edit/add/remove something. 

Adding content from @jascharf10’s related Idea:

It would be nice to have a back button on a multi-question survey, along with a submit button. For example, I am creating the following question in a multi-question survey:

backbutton-1c4ae324-7470-497c-ad74-f99864a361c2-556018068.png

And it would be nice if a customer could go back to confirm what the previous question was, or it would be nice to just go back in general to review answers earlier in the survey. 

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the idea, we are considering this feature for future roadmap but it's not on our priority list as of now. I would wait to see if other customers have similar request, it helps me prioritising this feature request.
I received a similar request from a customer last week.  Not sure if we have any current plans to prioritize this idea?
Hi team,

One of my customer (David) from the Tradshift company is also looking for the same feature.

Do we have any update or ETA on this one?

I would really like to see a "Back" button added to the survey function. It ensures we are getting the data the respondent intended. Preventing the client from "going back" means they can't change or correct their responses if they realize they made a mistake. It devalues the data we collect in a survey. It's a small margin, but a margin non-the-less. How can we priortize this enhancement?

We need to use the survey functionality heavily for us to get the greatest value from Gainsight.  This seemingly basic functionality is sorely missing for us to optimize the experience for our customers.  Please prioritize!  

Hi Nicole,
Thanks for the idea, we are considering this feature for future roadmap but it's not on our priority list as of now. I would wait to see if other customers have similar request, it helps me prioritising this feature request.

@praneet Any update on the roadmap priority for this since your post 3 years ago?  Would love to see this advance. 

upvoting

@tiffany_hui  Back option is available in Survey 2.0. 

Hi @sai_ram where can I locate this? I’m currently in properties of the Survey 2.0 and only see Submit and Next buttons. Thanks

Hey Team,

Do we have an update here? I was speaking with a customer who would really like this back feature. At this time the “back” button is not available in Survey 2.0.

Do we know when this will be available since it does sound like this has been on the roadmap?

Thanks,

Mike

This is tagged as implemented but by the posts it seems to either not be on the roadmap or somewhere in the development cycle. Would like to know when this feature will be released as similar to the others we could definitely use a back button for multi-page surveys. 

@josh.berger Back option is available in Survey 2.0. 

@sai_ram - Could you post a screenshot showing where to find the back button. I currently only see the following:

@sai_ram - Could you post a screenshot showing where to find the back button. I currently only see the following:

@josh.berger apologies for the wrong info, my bad I was confused. 

What I understand correctly is the page flow is unidirectional A --> B --> C and not A <--> B <--> C. 

This is now with the product team. 

@sai_ram - Sounds good and thanks for the clarification. 

+1 for this!

+1 from our team. As we start doing more complex surveys/more pages...this is a necessary feature.

+1 for my organization

@sai_ram Are you able to provide an update on this?  Last one was 9 months ago and it’s come up for a customer.

@harsha, what is the latest UX with Surveys?

This would be great if we have a back button implemented in Surveys.

We send surveys with 20 to 25 questions and it is getting difficult for the users to go back and change the responses.

+1 on this too, seems like a basic UI/UX requirement for surveys is missing!

@Sudipta Chowdhury could you pl jump in here?

Hi all, yes, the back button does make absolute sense. We did ideate this for the current quarter; however, due to other high priority items, this item was not picked up. 

Saying that, we are finalizing items for our immediate roadmap (for the next 2 quarterly releases). I will keep the forum posted about any new updates in this regard. 

+1