Schedule Internal report delivery directly from Report Builder

Related products: None

This is related to comment exchanges that were posted on other community posts (and here) but I couldn’t find a specific post dedicated to it, so figured I would enter here.

Please enable the ability to schedule the delivery of reports to internal email addresses directly from Report Builder.  Similar to how you can do this in Salesforce.

I know Journey Orchestrator has the ability to email reports to internal Users, but it’s a very effort-heavy process when you just need the ability to recurrently email a report to executive leaders.

WIth Journey Orchestrator, you have to (at a minimum) 

• build the report in Report Builder
  • go to JO and create an Email Template to attach the report
  • create a Program and Select your model
  • create your source data set
  • make sure you map any fields appropriately on steps 2-5 on the Participants Config (and save each one separately)
  • go attach your template to the program model and map any tokens asappropriate 
  • End the outreach 
  • Publish the outreach
  • Schedule the outreach

This of course adds to the amount of clutter that will show in the Templates, Programs and Program Calendar.  

In Salesforce, you have to

• create the report
  • Schedule Future Runs
  • Add a user/email.
    Done and done.

There are so many extra steps required to this through a Journey Program.  It’s overkill.

Please consider the user experience and the overhead required to develop and maintain for this use case.

I was previously told by Product Management that they were going to take this up, but I haven’t seen/heard any updates, so I figured since there wasn’t a specific post (that I could find) I would add it.

@joseph_siudzinski 

@darkknight Thanks for bringing this up, we have added this to our product road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

Any update on this @sai_ram 

You’ll be happy to know @darkknight @lexisjenkins7 that we’ve taken this feedback and added this functionality to the new Reports and Dashboards which is currently in beta and available for both SFDC and NXT editions of Gainsight. 

Here is a sample of how you can set up individual reports to be mailed out and how they can be sent in different formats and delivered on specified schedules. 

Thanks @dan_ahrens - yes I’m very excited about this inclusion. (I had a high level briefing on it a month or two ago).

Thanks for the update @dan_ahrens . Happy to hear we can do this.

How do I get this turned on for our org?

Hi @lexisjenkins7 we haven’t made this generally available yet. We expect it to be open for all customers in the coming few months - Q1 2021. 

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC & NXT versions. Admins can now schedule and share the Report and Dashboard as required.

Thanks for posting!

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC & NXT versions. Admins can now schedule and share the Report and Dashboard as required.

Thanks for posting!

Hello,

When you schedule sending a report, does the report automatically update itself? Or how do we go about checking that?