header
Under Consideration

Removing Formatting when Exporting Timeline Report

  • 20 August 2018
  • 6 replies
  • 57 views

Userlevel 7
Badge
Currently we are intentionally retaining the html tags so that the formatting is not lost when the data is loaded to some other rich text field.  When this is report is exported this adds the HTML to the report.  We would like to see the option when reporting to be able to export with out this formatting.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Chris, In excel exporting I do not see formatting being honored. Is this what the post about? Are you talking about the other exporting options. 
Could you please add more details and a screen-shot would help
Hello Sai,

I think what Chris is saying is that when you export data from a report and based on its size, it emails you the results in a CSV format. The first cell, cell A1, contains HTML and other formatting instead of the field name.See embedded example in this post. The actual field name in this example is Master_Market_Designation and all the other characters before and after that field name was added by Gainsight.

This experience is different than with a small dataset when Gainsight offers the "Export as Excel" download option. That process seems to work fine.



I also have a client running into this as well -- When the customer runs the rule to export their timeline data to a csv, the csv is appended with HTML that makes the file not human readable. They need to export the data to another Amazon S3, so that team can import the data onto another Redshift data base to build Mode dashboards.

Userlevel 1
John, as discussed today this is blocker now for dashboards creating for management, please provide us the fix asap.

Thanks,

Santhosh

We ran into the same issue exporting Timeline activity notes. One temporary solution I found is to save the file as .xlsx, go to ‘edit, find, replace’. In the ‘find what’ field type <*>, then click ‘replace all’. (Leave the ‘replace with what’ field empty). 

I received an invalid function error, but it did actually remove the majority of the html code. Not 100%, but out of 4,000 records, it cleared up all but a handful. Hope this helps!

 

Userlevel 7

 

We ran into the same issue exporting Timeline activity notes. One temporary solution I found is to save the file as .xlsx, go to ‘edit, find, replace’. In the ‘find what’ field type <*>, then click ‘replace all’. (Leave the ‘replace with what’ field empty). 

I received an invalid function error, but it did actually remove the majority of the html code. Not 100%, but out of 4,000 records, it cleared up all but a handful. Hope this helps!

 

 @laurie sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for advising the temporary solution. 

I will check with the product team and get back to you soon on this. 

Reply