Ranking in Pivot Reports

Related products: None

I have a customer request to be able to apply ranking to a pivot report. The specific request is to be able to sort/rank by whatever the customer chooses. For example:

If the pivot report is cases month over month, give the user the ability to rank based on either overall case count or most cases last month etc. 
Hi Steve, We support ranking on Pivoted reports today, could you please explain in detail what is the exact use-case(report) you are trying to achieve. 
Hi Sai, 

If you try to add Ranking, it doesn't give anything logical. What its doing is taking the top values like this. Essentially what I want is what I did in excel where I exported the report, created a "Total" column which shows how many total tickets submitted over that time period. I'd like to "Rank" these 20 (for example) accounts and be able to have a concise list that consistently updates what are my top X accounts. Does this make sense? Also, you cannot apply ranking when summarized either so the only thing you can rank is what the date field is (date, date/time, etc.)

When I pivot on a date field (aggregated by month) I’d like to see the months in descending order in the result table vs ascending (e.g. Current month, previous month…. etc vs Jan 2020, Feb 2020, Mar2020 etc) I want to see most recent month first