Provide preview capability in the Journey Orchestrator Query Builder

Related products: None

When constructing a query in Journey Orchestrator Query Builder, there is no way to preview the results of the data source tasks, similar to how you can in Bionic rules.  In addition, there is no way to check the results of each step in a multi-step job.

Due to these two issues we need to build the Query Builder select in the Rules Engine first so we can test the query to ensure it’s doing what we want, and then manually recreate that query in Query Builder.  This is very time consuming and error prone, especially for complex queries.

Can you provide the same preview and step results capabilities in Query Builder that you do in Bionic Rules?

There is a Preview on Dataset tasks in Query Builder. It will grab up to 10 records as a sample, just like in Bionic Rules.

There isn’t a step by step execution results view in Journey Orchestrator like there is in Rules Engine, which I think it what you are looking for here. Is that correct?

Hi @john_apple You are correct, I’m really looking for the step by step execution results.  And I’m also interested in some type of simulator capability. We are creating outreaches that have multiple steps and conditions, and it’s not possible to test the flow, we just have to watch it as it executes in production to make sure it’s behaving the way we expect.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and included as part of the v6.12 release. Gainsight now provides detailed logs for the activities that admins perform while building and fetching data in Query Builder. Apart from logs, Gainsight also provides other details such as execution history of query builder source in programs, status, data flow diagram, and the downloading option for the result set.

You can find the relevant information in our v6.12 Release Notes

This feature is implemented in both SFDC & NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

Thank you!