{Posting on Behalf of Customer}- CTA Closed Date time shows us the exact time it was closed and not UTC

Related products: None

Hey Team,

The current working of the CTA closed date on a report is that it would show the same date but the time would show up in UTC. In cockpit we show only date and not Date time- Would it be possible for us to have the exact date time displayed in cockpit and reporting as it helps customers understand which process closed the CTA’s.

Thank you @prithvi_vihari! This would be helpful in the instance that there are multiple admins in Gainsight. This allows for greater audit-ability of the system

In addition, here is another specific user case:we have a rule that pulls in the Max Close Date of a CTA. It’s helpful when testing to know which CTA specifically will get picked up in the rules engine.

E.g. looking at the example below, here I created a test CTA and preview the rule results:

Test CTA created and closed

Preview of rule results

Thus, I hope we can make this field a DateTime field for rules engine and reporting purposes. 

Also, I noticed the Created Date field is currently a DateTime field, so I think it would only make sense for the Close Date field to be the same.

the CTA Created Date field is a Date Time data type

Thanks!

Kate

Thank you @prithvi_vihari! This would be helpful in the instance that there are multiple admins in Gainsight. This allows for greater audit-ability of the system

In addition, here is another specific user case:we have a rule that pulls in the Max Close Date of a CTA. It’s helpful when testing to know which CTA specifically will get picked up in the rules engine.

E.g. looking at the example below, here I created a test CTA and preview the rule results:

Test CTA created and closed

Preview of rule results

Thus, I hope we can make this field a DateTime field for rules engine and reporting purposes. 

Also, I noticed the Created Date field is currently a DateTime field, so I think it would only make sense for the Close Date field to be the same.

the CTA Created Date field is a Date Time data type

Thanks!

Kate

@Kate Thanks for bringing this up! We will get back to you on it. 

+1 to this new enhancement/update.
In CTA both Created and Closed Date would be Date-Time Datatype.

Thanks, @sai_ram ! I’m excited to hear updates.

Thanks, @sai_ram ! I’m excited to hear updates.

@Kate I am on it, will update here once get it.Thanks!!

Hi @prithvi_vihari & @Kate 

Thanks for sharing this. There are 2 things I can observe here #1) The date times visible in rules & in the UI are different. #2) The closed date in the Cockpit UI shows only the data component and not the time

On the 1st part - In the cockpit UI all the date times are shown based on the user timezone whereas in rules it uses the integration user / oauth users time zone (so there could be a difference here)

On the 2nd one, it makes sense to show the date & time for the closed date. Will discuss this with the team on this.

@aditya_marla thank you for your quick reply! Following up on your comment on the first part, I’m not sure I fully understand how this works from the backend.

In this case, my enhancement request (on the first part) would be to make the date/time shown in the rules engine be the same time zone as the rest of the interface (based on the settings we establish in our application settings).

Got it. Just to confirm if you check the date/time show in rules vs someone in a different data/time checks in rules you would prefer that the data be show based on the locale/region the user is in? Is that correct? 

@Kate did you get a chance to view comments posted by @aditya_marla? Thanks

@aditya_marla  @sai_ram I’m mostly concerned with the date/time being consistent across the application, based on the settings we establish in the application settings area.

If it could update for each user based on their respective time zones, that would be even better. However, my primary concern and reason why I opened this request is because I want it to be consistent everyone in the system based on the configuration we specify in App Settings.

Thanks!

@Kate Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this.

Hi folks,

Do you have updates according this request?

I heard from support team that you plan to remove time from report: “Showing the same time for all CTA is expected when reporting on the CTA closed date. This is because, for a closed date, we store time as “Date + UTC timestamp”, and we already have an enhancement planned from the Reporting Team to hide the time part in Reports.”

Best regards,