header
No Status

{Posting on Behalf of Customer}- CTA Closed Date time shows us the exact time it was closed and not UTC

• 9 September 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey Team,

The current working of the CTA closed date on a report is that it would show the same date but the time would show up in UTC. In cockpit we show only date and not Date time- Would it be possible for us to have the exact date time displayed in cockpit and reporting as it helps customers understand which process closed the CTA’s.

7 replies

Userlevel 3

Thank you @prithvi_vihari! This would be helpful in the instance that there are multiple admins in Gainsight. This allows for greater audit-ability of the system

In addition, here is another specific user case:we have a rule that pulls in the Max Close Date of a CTA. It’s helpful when testing to know which CTA specifically will get picked up in the rules engine.

E.g. looking at the example below, here I created a test CTA and preview the rule results:

Test CTA created and closed

Preview of rule results

Thus, I hope we can make this field a DateTime field for rules engine and reporting purposes. 

Also, I noticed the Created Date field is currently a DateTime field, so I think it would only make sense for the Close Date field to be the same.

the CTA Created Date field is a Date Time data type

Thanks!

Kate

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thank you @prithvi_vihari! This would be helpful in the instance that there are multiple admins in Gainsight. This allows for greater audit-ability of the system

In addition, here is another specific user case:we have a rule that pulls in the Max Close Date of a CTA. It’s helpful when testing to know which CTA specifically will get picked up in the rules engine.

E.g. looking at the example below, here I created a test CTA and preview the rule results:

Test CTA created and closed

Preview of rule results

Thus, I hope we can make this field a DateTime field for rules engine and reporting purposes. 

Also, I noticed the Created Date field is currently a DateTime field, so I think it would only make sense for the Close Date field to be the same.

the CTA Created Date field is a Date Time data type

Thanks!

Kate

@Kate Thanks for bringing this up! We will get back to you on it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge

+1 to this new enhancement/update.
In CTA both Created and Closed Date would be Date-Time Datatype.

Userlevel 3

Thanks, @sai_ram ! I’m excited to hear updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Thanks, @sai_ram ! I’m excited to hear updates.

@Kate I am on it, will update here once get it.Thanks!!

Userlevel 6

Hi @prithvi_vihari & @Kate 

Thanks for sharing this. There are 2 things I can observe here #1) The date times visible in rules & in the UI are different. #2) The closed date in the Cockpit UI shows only the data component and not the time

On the 1st part - In the cockpit UI all the date times are shown based on the user timezone whereas in rules it uses the integration user / oauth users time zone (so there could be a difference here)

On the 2nd one, it makes sense to show the date & time for the closed date. Will discuss this with the team on this.

Userlevel 3

@aditya_marla thank you for your quick reply! Following up on your comment on the first part, I’m not sure I fully understand how this works from the backend.

In this case, my enhancement request (on the first part) would be to make the date/time shown in the rules engine be the same time zone as the rest of the interface (based on the settings we establish in our application settings).