Please Improve Out of the Box Email Reporting

Related products: CS Journey Orchestrator, Email & Notifications

Out of the box reporting for standard industry email metrics does not exist in this platform if you want to be able to slice and dice the data. I have to look to AO Emails to refine by Vertical or Segment, rather than Email Logs, however, it's not intuitive.

Email Logs vs AO Emails

Sent / Delivered / Total Opens / Total Clicks / Unique Opens / Unique Clicks

Email send time (this is equivalent to Delivered) / Email Open Count / Link Clicked Count / Last Email Opened Date / Email Clicked Date

I'm not sure how that could be any less intuitive. Plus, Email Logs and these fields in AO Emails do not allow for Formula fields so I can't have a report or a dashbaord that displays these metrics in rates, from what I've tried so far.

Email Template Performance Report, found in Program Analytics, would be a great start alas it is nowhere to be found in Report Builder and is missing some key metrics. Please give us standard email marketing metric fields that don't require this type of work around.

Related posts:

​Percentage of click rate and open rate of the email delivered through Program​

​Email Template Performance Report - customize columns

Hi Kelly,

We will enhance the existing formula fields capability in Report Builder to support Email Logs object as well. I will update with more details once we pick it up.

Hi Rakesh, great to hear, however doesn't solve all problems. Email logs doesn't look up to the Company object, I cannot dig into our email metrics through email logs by things such as product, segment, vertical, etc.

@rakesh - good use case for Bionic Reporting?

Yes @dan_ahrens !

Its possible to do this via Bionic Reporting!

@dan_ahrens @rakesh WE'RE SO EXCITED FOR BIONIC REPORTING!!!!! 😃 😃 :D

@faust_belarmino Data designer(Bionic Reporting) is available now. Please refer to this post for a demo. 

Refer to this article for more information. 

@sai_ram @lila_meyer  Please change the ‘implemented’ status of this post.

Bionic reporting and formula fields are not replacements for out of the box reporting.

It is unreasonable that in order to report on STANDARD email metrics, you have to create a data design, convert date fields to number values, introduce formula fields, etc, just to report on industry standard email metrics. Look at Program Analytics - that data exists somewhere, why is this so difficult?

Hi Kelly, I’ve asked our Product Manager to take another look at this. Thank you!

@kelly I agree with you. We are planning to redesign program analytics next quarter and will definitely consider your feedback. Once the initial designs are done, I will reach out to you to get more feedback.

@nitisha_rathi very excited to hear this update, I’ll be anxiously waiting! :D

Is there any update on the above? Completely agree with everything Kelly has said and as far as I can see there isn’t any progress.

Any update on this? 

Any update on this?

Hi Team,

Has there been any progress on this?

CC: @anirbandutta 

@ssamarth would you be able to share an update here? 

4 years without any tangible update - is there anything that can be shared here?

@vijay can respond on the OOB reporting planned on JO Analytics in future 

@ssamarth what does “in future” mean? This is a 4 year old request for what I know is a common concern across the board (despite the number of votes) and has had a few stops and starts judging by the comments above.

We need simple, intuitive OOTB reporting that can be surfaced and leveraged on Dashboards as well as through scheduled reports that doesn’t require playing Twister™️ with Data Designer to deliver generally standard performance stats like Open Rates, CTOR, Bounce and Rejection Rates, etc  in aggregate and filterable/broken down by program.

To add some additional context, I just manually pulled this information together for my digital business team:

We are just getting started with our digital program, so I can only imagine the type of data requests that other companies are getting. 

This barely scratches the surface of the need, but imagine this kind of information, only filterable by Month, Quarter, Program, Segment, etc.  

To add some additional context, I just manually pulled this information together for my digital business team:

We are just getting started with our digital program, so I can only imagine the type of data requests that other companies are getting. 

This barely scratches the surface of the need, but imagine this kind of information, only filterable by Month, Quarter, Program, Segment, etc.  

Notably, this type of reporting should not be kept behind the JO Analytics space like some of the reporting and visualizations are today. 

Same as above. We are just starting with the digital programs, having to use DD is problematic to say the least.

As the links originally attached to the idea are no longer valid, I took the liberty to find the current ones and attached them here for reference:

Hello All, 

Thank you for all the feedback on this thread - I’m the current product manager for JO. 

Given the delivery timelines of the new JO projects we're currently engaged in, I should have a significant update for you within the next 3-6 months. 

Your understanding during this period of transition is greatly appreciated. 

Same as above... having to use DD is problematic to say the least.

I fully agree with @darkknight, @romihache, @bradley et al. The majority of our email analytics are not even done in Gainsight, but in dashboards in Domo.

This allows us to get insights from ALL of the emails our DX team sends, and lets us filter down to whatever subset of email templates, date ranges, program names, etc. as the situation calls for. Not only that, but we can very easily compare period-over-period data, AND share that information with external teams.

😀 It would be FANTASTIC if we could have insight into the individual email analytics within a multi-email journey, and even better if we could have the ability to set a date range filter.

Just musing here. 🤔

Thank you @vmallya for chiming in on this -- looking forward to seeing the future roadmap updates as the new dynamic JO project continues taking shape. Have a fantastic holiday season!

To add to the above, since I just now thought of it:

😀 It would be FANTASTIC if we could have insight into the individual email analytics within a multi-email journey, and even better if we could have the ability to set a date range filter.

Would it be possible to add in individual link metrics within program analytics?

This is a VERY frequent use case for us, particularly for our product newsletter, event registration emails, and product update/support emails.