Partial failure email when connector fails a certain amount of records

Related products: None

I recently discovered that our salesforce connector company job has been partially failing each time it runs. Unlike rules, even though I have it set up to send me failure emails, I haven’t received emails for partial failures. This job is especially important because it keeps our information synced and accurate in the two systems.

It would be nice to be able to receive a partial failure email from connectors, but I was also thinking about how because there are usually lots of records in a connector job, it would be especially nice if I had the ability to only be notified when the failures meet a certain threshold (this could be useful for rules engine as well).

For example, our most recent sync had 3357 successes and 12461 failures. Obviously I want to be alerted to that!! But if I had 15800 success and only 18 failures that isn’t cause for alarm. If I could set some sort of threshold for alerting it would be really cool - like alert me if over 60% of records fail or something like that.

@cankney - I fully agree, there needs to be more information in emails. I haven’t noticed connector notifications not working for me. 

This may not help you, but I have found using the Rules Engine instead of Connector jobs to be much more useful. You can build the exact connector job into a rule and get the notifications as expected. I also find the Rules Engine error results to be often more helpful.

The only draw back I find is you can run Connector jobs every hour and Rules only every 2 hours using a cron expression. So if you prefer data that’s refreshed hourly, I would stick with the connector. 

PARTIAL_SUCCESS is a misnomer.  If records failed to be inserted/updated, that is a PARTIAL_FAILURE and we should receive an email/notification about it.  

I agree. I’m generally a glass half full kind of person but when it comes to data, it either all worked or didn’t work. If it is fully successful, its Success. If some of the records failed, it failed partially. 

This does make sense! We’ve accepted this as an enhancement request and should have an update soon.

This has been implemented and now Admins can set email notifications for partial success, failure, success with 0 records as well