Need Rename option for Drill down columns in Reports

Related products: None

Hi Team,

We are unable to rename the drilldown columns which is creating confusion for the bussiness at some times ,Please find the below screen shot.

Here if we see we took the name from different Look ups, But it is showing the column names commonly as Name

@Nagaraju Panyam  If I understand correctly those names are displaying properly on the report grid but not on drill-down.

@Nagaraju Panyam did you get a chance to view my comments?

The columns are displaying correctly at Report level and drill down level ..We have an option of renaming the column names at report level   but which is not available at drill down level.

@Nagaraju Panyam Thanks for bringing this up! we have this in our road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

@Nagaraju Panyam Thanks for bringing this up! we have this in our road-map. I will update you here once we consider this for release. 

Thankyou for your information.

Regards

Raju

@sai_ram @Nagaraju Panyam  same issue with Rules Task Preview also.
When we rename the field label the renamed field label is not being displayed in preview.

For example here we renamed 3 brand fields with different names like ACC.Brand,CI.Brand,OPP.Brands but its still displaying as Brands Brands Brands. It’s Confusing to see which Brands field is from which object.Customer has raised this Question in one meeting

Yes, good observation Panyam and Surya. 

+1, this has been confusing our team as well and makes widgets/charts less useful when trying to add columns like AM, CSM, IS (all which technically have the same User/field structure) 

This would be handy!

Hi All,

This is a very valid ask. We will consider this input for the redesign of reporting.

+1 for this as we have the same issue with “Name” appearing for multiple columns which denote different items such as CSM, Company Name, CTA Name, Task Name etc

We are running into this same issue as well where we are building a drill down with name for CSM, as well as who created the CTA and it has all of the headers saying name. 

+1 for this one. 

@Lee Peterson  @alanclos 

We have enhanced our drilldown reports to rename column names in our new redesigned reports. This is out for beta right now with limited customers. 

A preview here:

@rakesh - This looks promising. Is there a way to signup to be a part of the beta  group?

We’d be more than willing to help here. 

@Lee Peterson 

We have enhanced our drilldown reports to rename column names in our new redesigned reports. This is out for beta right now with limited customers. 

A preview here:

Super @rakesh. Nice to have this renaming feature in the Drilldown fields.

Hello Everyone,

Happy to announce that your request has been considered and implemented in the Horizon Analytics in both SFDC & NXT versions. You can now rename the drill down field as required.

Thanks for posting!