Need ability to delete users from User Management

Related products: None

I’ve been running into issues where we have users in my environment that have duplicate Usernames but different SFDC User IDs, however when I compare them to their Salesforce counterparts the usernames are different.  I have to assume this is due to some upstream issue - changes made in SF that are out of my control and/or occurred before I came here - but this causes issues for me because the Salesforce Connector user job won’t allow me to use the SFDC UD as an upsert key, so I end up with partial failures related to the duplicate usernames (my upsert key).

When I run into these types of situations my only recourse is contact Gainsight support to delete the user for me.  I need more control over my user table with the ability to delete users.

+Infinity.  Running into this that for whatever reason, a user was duplicated in Gainsight - due to something in SFDC.  Having the ability to clean this would, be amazing!

Hi @mark_deegan @HollySimmons  @vmoore 

We are planning to put user delete in our short term roadmap. We will keep you posted.

Thanks and regards,
Neha

Hi  @sagan_sherlin 

We are planning to put user delete in our short term roadmap. We will keep you posted.

Thanks and regards,
Neha

I’ve been running into issues where we have users in my environment that have duplicate Usernames but different SFDC User IDs, however when I compare them to their Salesforce counterparts the usernames are different.  I have to assume this is due to some upstream issue - changes made in SF that are out of my control and/or occurred before I came here - but this causes issues for me because the Salesforce Connector user job won’t allow me to use the SFDC UD as an upsert key, so I end up with partial failures related to the duplicate usernames (my upsert key).

When I run into these types of situations my only recourse is contact Gainsight support to delete the user for me.  I need more control over my user table with the ability to delete users.

@darkknight was Gainsight support able to delete the users for you?  I am being told it is not possible.

Hi  @sagan_sherlin 

Thanks and regards,
Neha

@Neha Gupta what does the short term roadmap look like?  I see this was suggested about 4 months ago (Sept/Oct timeframe?).  Would love to understand what the timeline is for this as it is causing problems for me where inactive users are appearing as options to tag individuals in timeline activities and the like.  The only option I am being given is to go in and change all of the deactivated emails to deactivated@XXX.com which doesn't solve the issue… its just a band-aid.  

@meg.cragan , I checked with the product manager and it is definitely planned for dev to begin. Engg. teams are very stretched currently so cannot provide a clearer timeline from whan Neha writes unfortunately.

I’d say user deletion is also required from a data protection perspective. Can’t justify holding onto leavers’ data forever. Just can’t. 

@alizee yes, we are evaluating what happens in other product areas when a user is removed from user object. Looking to release it in the upcoming quarters. We will keep you posted.

Just ran into this issue during a CTA creation using the API.

I used the User email to assign the CTA Owner, but because there were duplicate Users with the same email it was assigned to the Inactive user.

This is a problem because we are using the email as the identifier for users in an external system and it is resulting in multiple results when looking up to the User object. The inactive User profile receives no notifications in Gainsight or via Email for the CTA creation and assignment.

I hope this additional use-case shows that this is an important capability.

Best,

Ben Wanless

Having just migrated to NXT mid-Jan, I now have this issue do to a relic of the User sync that was setup in 2016. I NEED TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE DUPLICATE USERS - which is now a data operations ticket at the moment.  +1 +1 +1

Any updates on this? We are having a similar issue and would like to be able to delete users.

@Kartheek could you pl share an update here?

User Delete is in our immediate roadmap and certain want to resolve it as soon as possible, putting up a related question to all of you - 

Please share ur thoughts on the queries shared in the above thread -@Pandrade , @davebrown2242 , @benwanlessmenlo@meg.cragan ,@mark_deegan @HollySimmons  @vmoore , @sagan_sherlin 

Any updates on this request?

This has been causing a plethora of issues for us. 

@AnaCosta this is in our roadmap this year and currently actively working on this request

Are there any updates on this request? 

Yes in the current year roadmap and prioritised it

Wishing to have this deployed soon!

A previous admin created test accounts in our instance and I hate to see them popping up every day :-@

Upvoting as well

One of our custom tables links on User SFID, but a user had 2 different user names so both got imported into GS and now any account associated with that user duplicates that record.

Any update on deployment on this? I inherited the 9,000+ users that @edleguizamo posted about on this thread 3 years ago and still having the same issue with identification and inactive users. Would be great to have the option to clean up our instance! 

Update on this request

In general, we have observed that these are broadly two main use cases
1) Unexpected users added to GS,  may be due to incorrect filters in User Sync Jobs- These users haven’t performed any activities or haven’t logged to Gainsight System at all and are just laying in the user management
2) Users who has performed activities (say CTAs are owned by them) and have left the employer, where admin decide to remove such users.

In case, your request falls under usecase1, please do raise a Gainsight Support ticket, so that the team can help in removing such users from the User Management/GS