Manager level verification when CTA fields are editted

Related products: None

I have a use case where I want the ability for Managers to act as a gatekeeper when making modifications for Direct Report’s CTAs.  Mainly with due dates, where whenever a due date is modified that it notifies and allows the manager to approve or deny the change.

This came up when discussing different performance metrics for our CSMs, and right now it is just a trust factor that CSMs do not edit due dates to inflate KPIs.  

This would also improve manager visibility into actions and difficulties that their direct reports may be experiencing.

Hi @srkardel - there is another idea for this with a documented workaround. This might help you out as well.

Hi @srkardel - there is another idea for this with a documented workaround. This might help you out as well.

@srkardel did this help you? Do you need any help?

@jean.nairon  and @sai_ram , thanks for the responses.  Sorry I did not see them until now.

This workaround does not exactly meet my use case.  Yes I would be able to determine if / when a user modifies the due date of a CTA and be able to add additional information and allow manager visibility with a timeline entry / report.

But what I am really looking for here is functionality to have managers act as a ‘toll gate’ and be able to accept / deny requests to update a CTAs due date.  ideally I would want it to be in real time.  Its tied to KPIs for our users being able to complete CTAs on time, and with the ability to modify the due date with no governance there is room for unwanted behavior.

I was brainstorming on this topic and thought I could maybe achieve this by implementing some sort of internal survey via JO.  Using an internal survey that is triggered whenever a CTA due date is modified that goes to the manager and provides information and in an inline survey asks, ‘verify this due date change?’, and based on the response can modify the due date back to the original.  

-Steven

@srkardel - I think the internal survey option could work. My only concern would be how many CTAs are adjusted on a day-to-day basis. This may end up flooding the manager’s inbox and there are quite a few clicks to fill out the survey unless you do an inline question in the email. I would recommend testing this solution out with Managers and ensure they are going to be comfortable with the expected volume. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response @jean.nairon !  

This wouldn’t be the first time that we have thought out a new process and worked to implement to then realize it overwealmed the end user.  I’ll explore a little into the survey option and see if it is a valid solution for us.

Thanks again!

You’re welcome @srkardel!