Question

Gainsight Default Permission sets

• 30 September 2015
  • 13 replies

I do not believe our permissions sets in our instance are setup correctly for Gainsight access and looking for a matrix that lists what is contained in each of the permission sets so we can verify things are correct.  where may i find this type of matrix?

here is the article that refers to the default permission sets i have found, but not finding where the details of exactly what i sin these permission sets:

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/Administration/Setting_up_Gainsight_for_Salesfor...

13 replies

Badge +1
We are working on a document with all the SFDC components in Gainsight package and what permissions are set to each of these components in the default permission sets. I will keep you posted when we publish it.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Sidhu - what is the status of this?  It is becoming increasingly frustrating for us to run into situations like we are running into now (I cannot create fields on Relationship Type because I do not have Modify All permissions on the object) and have to go back to our SFDC admins over and over again to add this permission and that permission.  Can this please be expedited?
Hi Jeff,

I have a status update for you! It looks as though we should have this createded by mid April. I don't have an exact date, but have reached out to Sidhu to post when he has more information on it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Evan/Sidhu! Just checking in to see if we have a status on this document?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Evan, can we get a status and a definite ETA?  We need this ASAP.
Hey Jeff, sorry I took so long to respond. I just send out a few emails to get an update and once I have one I will keep you updated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Jeff, we apologize for the delays in producing detailed permissions documentation. We expect to share the doc with you and the rest of our customers within several business days. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Kiersti & Jeff,

Please see this article for detailed information on Gainsight & SFDC Permission Sets. Feel free to post or email me any questions or feedback, so we can make revisions as necessary.

Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thank you Lila and Evan!
Thank you!
Badge
The page referenced by Lila is not longer a valid link. Is there a new spot I can see the permission sets? Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Ben,

Here's the current link:

https://support.gainsight.com/?title=Product_Documentation/Administration/Setting_up_Gainsight_for_S...

Since we migrated to a new documentation platform, all of the article URLs changed. If you know the title or topic of the article, please search support.gainsight.com to locate it. 
Badge
Thank you!