Is there a way to search for Contacts/Users directly in Gainsight?

Related products: CS 360 Company & Relationships

Similar to how we can search for Accounts using the search window, is there a way to search for Users/Contacts by typing there name in?

Currently, the search option only allows for searching by Account name. However, for our Enterprise accounts, with users or contacts numbering in the hundreds per account, it would be much easier in some situations to search for the user directly. 

This would be similar to the search bar in Salesforce, that allows for Accounts or Users or Emails, etc. 

I couldn't find a quick way to set this up or if this was even possible? 
Interesting suggestion. 

Right now, searching for an account or relationship name gives you a list of matches and you can click on one of the results to be taken to the C360 or R360 page for that account or relationship. 

If search for contact was provided, and you clicked on one of the results, what Gainsight page do you envision being pulled up?

now...that's for today's functionality...

Part of our roadmap is to create a new "Person 360" page similar to the Contact page on SFDC for person specific actions and it would logically make sense to allow searching for a person and clicking on one of the results to be taken to the Person 360 page for that person.
Hmm, I would say just to the C360 page would save them some time. 

To add on to the search feature, I think it would also be really nice if we could use the keyboard command arrows to drop down from the search window to select an account. It doesn't sound like a big deal but it does get rather annoying having to type in the account name and then using your mouse to select the actual account. 

I do like the idea of a "Person (User/Contact) 360" page similar to the Contact page in SFDC. One of the biggest gripes our CSMs have is that there isn't a dedicated page in GS for the contact like in SF. If they had that "Person 360" page that tracks user specific actions and can be searched for, I know they would love that feature. 
Thanks, Manmeet Dosanjh. 

I totally understand the value that "ability to find contacts or user" would add to the product. And as Dan commented we are actively exploring this option as part of the Person 360 module.

However, I had a question regarding your post. What are some of the follow-up actions that you would perform after you search for a contact or users? We have a good understanding of these actions for account and relationships, but knowing contact's would help us design a better experience for our end users. 

For example:

- Is the goal to just find the phone number or email address to contact them quickly?

- Is it to modify contact information or maintain notes?

- or prepare for an upcoming call with the contact?

Thank you.
Hey, @Dan and @Pawan, "Person 360" page similar to the Contact page on SFDC, is sounding great.

@Manmeet , Changing this to an idea post, will post the updates here. Thanks for posting 
Hi Pawan,

Some things that I am thinking that would be helpful on a "Person 360" module would be:

- Ability to view all CTAs/Timeline Activities linked to that Contact. Similar to an Activity History object from SFDC

- Create CTAs or Timeline Activities (that roll up to the Account page and would be view able in the C360 page)

- View Contact Information and ability to add Notes regarding Contact

- Ability to create Reports and add them to this page, similar to how we use the C360 page. Ex: A Usage reports for this Contact (mimic the ability for custom tabs like we have in C360) 
Awesome, thank you Sai!
I agree. This is one of the biggest asks from our team. 

Hi Sai!

Just wanted to follow up on this idea request. Is there any progress on this or if it has been added to the short term or longer term road-maps?

For our business, the goal is just identifying the customer account. Ex. You cannot understand the person on the other end of the phone, but you can get the email address or phone number. Well, what company do you pull up? What if you receive an email from a customer with a generic email address (frequent in our business) - what company do you pull up? Can’t tell.

Like in SFDC, you need to be able to search by person/contact information at a high level and return the account name/link.

We are going through the same issues. We are telling the teams to use Gainsight as their one-stop-shop but they have to go into SFDC to search for contacts. Thanks for considering!

Like in SFDC, you need to be able to search by person/contact information at a high level and return the account name/link.

Resurfacing this -- our use case is for our low touch segment.

CSMs have books of business of 300+ customers each, they don’t know off-hand the account the contact is associated with who is emailing them. They also can’t rely on the email domain of the email contact as a best guess because we are an ed tech company and school/district domains often have shorthand abbreviations. 

This functionality, which is available in Salesforce, would be extremely beneficial to have in Gainsight. Search for contact to navigate to the C360 page.

Hey @sarahmiracle, thank you for your post. This does sound like a great functionality. We will loop in the Product Manager to give you a response to this suggestion here. 

Hi @sarahmiracle 

We have planned this for our mid term roadmap. We do not have timelines as yet. But will be incorporating this as a part of Person 360.

We will keep this thread posted for more updates

Thank you

Preethi

Hi! Is there any update on this? We really think that this should be a basic feature to be able to look for contacts as users quickly change the tool to SFDC to look for them. 

@pgeorge

@Natalia This feature is currently being worked on @Shilpa Gumnur is taking charge of the feature. We will keep you posted on the timelines once they are fixed.

Under ConsiderationNo Status

Updated idea statusNo StatusIN DEVELOPMENT

Is this completed?  Being able to search for people is vital.

Is this available?

Is this tied to a release yet by chance? Would be really useful to have this available!