Improve Gmail Plugin Login

Related products: None

It would be great to be able to log in to the Gmail Plugin without being logged into Gainsight in another tab.

I noticed that if I am not logged into Gainsight already, the login to the Gmail Plugin crashes.

As you have to log into your Gainsight account in the plugin, it doesn’t make sense that you should have to be already logged into Gainsight in another tab.

It would be great to not have this dependency for the login.

Yes! We’re having this same issue in our organization. For us, it seems to be tied to single sign-on timeout -- we timeout every day and our CSMs have to constantly log in in the correct order to get the plug-in to work.

Help indicates that there’s a 24 hour idle timeout, but that’s not what I’m showing here (as I’m in Gainsight from 8am-5pm every day, so I should only time out on the weekends). 

@hpritchard 

If you are EU region user, then for now you have to login to Gainsight application and then to plugin, as we don’t support the direct EU login yet from plugin. Thats the reason for login crash mentioned by @GarethR  above.

Idle timeout is 24 hours, so if plugin user is idle for 24hours then only user will be asked to login again.

Agree with @hpritchard on the time out issue.

It seems Gainsight login is timing out nightly and not after 24 hours idle as I’m working in Gainsight all week throughout the day so if the time out is after 24 hours idle this should only happen on Monday mornings instead of every day.

Thanks @GarethR  for the inputs. Let me check this and get back to you.

Hello @GarethR  @hpritchard 

We will be fixing this issue very soon. Tentatively in July release.