Images in Timeline Activities

Related products: None

It appears that when you are copying and pasting an email, the images do not also copy. We are currently adding them as attachments, but obviously, it would be more ideal to have them included in the actual email. Is that doable?

Also, we are looking at turning on the BCC email option soon. Will the images still not carry over with this as well?

Hi Heather,

The images will be carried over and added inline when an email is Bcc'ed to Timeline. We are yet to enable adding inline images manually, it is on our roadmap.

Thanks,

Nitisha

@heather_hansen Thanks for bringing this up! I've changed this to and idea post.

Keep Posting!

@nitisha_rathi Thanks for clarifying! Sounds like a good reason for me to push implementing the BCC. I appreciate it!

We would also prefer the images remain in-line when posting to Timeline, either directly or via BCC.  Glad this one is Under Consideration and I will follow for updates.  Thanks!

This is very basic functionality and even your forum supports it, lol.

I agree. We will get to it very soon.

Hello Everyone!

Happy to announce that Timeline is enhanced as per Gainsight Horizon Experience as part of the v6.18 release (SFDC / NXT). The Timeline Horizon Experience gives prominent space to high priority information as well as new options to search and filter Timeline. Users now have the ability to edit Activity Type after creating an activity, create and save Timeline views, preview attachments, manage drafts from a consolidated tab, and much more.

For more information on this feature, refer to the SFDC & NXT articles.

This feature is implemented in both SFDC and NXT versions.

Thanks for posting!

Is in-line imaging supported in Horizon?  I didn’t see it called out on the Gainsight Go article here: https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Timeline/User_Guides/Use_Timeline_to_log_Activities/Activity_Options#Edit_Activity.  It would make the email from Timeline option much more user friendly. CSMs often need to explain workflows to clients that require in-line imaging to ensure understanding.  Thanks for any additional information.

@rakesh_lingala @sai_ram I was just looking into adding inline images to Timeline Activities as one of our Gainsight users asked about it. Even on Horizon Experience, it doesn't seem possible to me. Am I missing something?

This has not been implemented from our point of view.

Hi @angela_domenichelli  and @Jef Vanlaer, I can confirm that the ability to add inline images was not a planned enhancement for the Timeline Horizon Experience. This item is still on the roadmap for Timeline.

I’m sorry if the Horizon Experience announcement posted earlier lead to any confusion about the availability of this enhancement. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as more information on this item becomes available.

Thank you for your patience.

@seth_schroeder Thanks for the update. It might be good to remove the "Implemented" label on this idea in that case.

Thank you for the heads up @Jef Vanlaer. The label should be changed now.

We are also in need of this.

If we can’t add it, save it, and the images stick can you at east remove the ability to add an image?

I should not be able to add an image to timeline like in the following screenshot if it won’t save it like that. Furthermore, another thread said it used to at least save it as an attachment, that is not the case anymore. It fully disappears.

This is something on our roadmap. Due to other high priority items we are not able to prioritise this ask. 

We are also in need of this.

If we can’t add it, save it, and the images stick can you at east remove the ability to add an image?

I should not be able to add an image to timeline like in the following screenshot if it won’t save it like that. Furthermore, another thread said it used to at least save it as an attachment, that is not the case anymore. It fully disappears.

This seems to be working now for me - it seems to actually be saving the image now.  Can you retry and let me know if what you find?

Hello @timellis, thank you for your post, please allow me sometime while I loop in the Product Manager to look into this and get back to you with a suitable answer.  

Any Updates here - We also need this feature where in any screenshots/images in the email are shown in the Timeline when it is logged via gainsight Assist.

@soumitrasahu updates we can share?

@Cornelia Was this capability actually implemented?  A CSM on our team is trying to save the image and it is still not working.

@mary_taylor This is not implemented yet. It is in the roadmap and we will update the dates once we prioritise this.

Hi Gainsight Team,

One of our Customer Success Managers asked if this was possible today. They recently sent an email that included a couple of .png images of relevant graphs and charts in the body of the email. When they log the email to timeline those images do not show up, and they would like to have them show up so that an accurate representation of their email is displayed in the timeline.

Is this functionality still on the roadmap for future Gainsight updates to Timeline?

@Bhawya another one in your area.

Hi @soumitrasahu - this is starting to come up from our CSMs as well. Any updates as to where this actually falls in the roadmap?

@ryan_lehman This functionality is not yet planned. Will update this thread once there is clarity on the timeline.