header
Response from Customer

Homescreen dashhboard for VIEW_GROUP users

• 2 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4

I recently gave our Sales and Product teams access to Gainsight CS with VIEW_GROUP permissions. I was a bit surprised to find out that I could not configure a basic homescreen dashboard for them to get an overview of the current state of the full customer base (e.g., Scorecard metrics). I think that would be a great addition for this type of users.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Agreed! We just set up our view_group and this addition would be very helpful. Because right now we can’t give these view-only users a dashboard view, it is not a very good UI experience for them because they are still seeing the home page when they first go into Gainsight - just a big 404 screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge

Agreed! This user experience is not great for Viewers. If their experience was improved, more of them might want to become full users. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Agreed! Not having this is a major annoyance. Especially since users have the ability to see dashboards via a live link

Userlevel 7
Badge

This is currently not in our road-map. 

@All, Do upvote this post if you believe this is relevant for you. Based on the up-votes we change the priority of the road-map.  

@christine_friscic