Group By Median - Data designer

Related products: None

Hello Team,

We’ve got a reqeust from a customer, to get the median of the 3 values by relationship id under the transformation task, in the Data Designer.

After checking on this intenraly, it seems this hasn’t been implemented yet and there is no workaround as well.

Can you please consider the above use case and implement it in furture?

Thank you.

Thank you for posting this Isaac.

Just to expand on the use case a little more, I would like to be able to get the median of 3 values by relationship id, for many relationship id’s.

In the transform task currently, the median is being calculated for all lines, but instead I need it to be calculated based on 3 values per relationship id.

For example, in the table below, there are 3 values per relationship id. As things are now, the median is calculated for all 6 entries, but instead I need to be able to calculate the median for the 3 values for customer 1, and separately for the 3 values for customer 2.

Customer Name Relationship ID Component Value
Customer 1 a0x123456789a Component 1 1
Customer 1 a0x123456789a Component 2 2
Customer 1 a0x123456789a Component 3 3
Customer 2 a0x987654321G Component 1 4
Customer 2 a0x987654321G Component 2 5
Customer 2 a0x987654321G Component 3 6

Hi @pamela_mackie 

Thanks for bringing this up. 

I think row grouping in the new reporting is a good way to solve this. Let me get back to see if we can solve this.

Thank you Rakesh,

The median of the 3 values would needed for use in a rule.

My hope was to be able to use the rules engine, or data designer to get the median, and then use that value in a rule.