[Feature Request] Support For Cockpit Calendar Integration For Organizations That Require 3rd Party Approval

Related products: None

Posting on Behalf of a Customer.

In this case when doing the outlook calendar integration, due to organization setting, user gets a prompt to request approval from an internal IT Team. Once user gets approved by that team, code is received.

The issue that is found is that once the authentication code is received, doing “click to authenticate” again in NXT, shows the request approval window again. Given this cycle, user is not able to fully complete authentication.

As it is mentioned to be not supported right now, hence this post for feature enhancement for this use case.

Hi Kevin,

Based on the organization's security settings users might see this prompt. Some organizations need the app to be approved by their admin before users can authorize it. Are you seeing this issue even after approval?

Regards

Hello Aditya, 

For this particular customer yes, they will be prompt to request approval from their external team again. It is expected in the customer situation of a place to input the approval code after the external team approval to complete integration.

@Kevin: It will be one-time approval that the admin of the organization needs to do. After that, for end-users, this will not be any issue/pop-up asking for IT approval. Do let me know if that is not the case here.

Hey @aditya_marla ,

For this customer, they get a separate approval code sent to them after IT approves it. I suppose if quick enough then they could punch in the code, but sometimes this might take more than one day, which user closes out the Calendar OAuth window.

When they come back with the code and move to do Calendar OAuth, they get prompt to ask IT for approval again. Overall, seems to be a different case.

@kevin_ly We need time to get back to this request. Thanks!

Hey @aditya_marla ,

For this customer, they get a separate approval code sent to them after IT approves it. I suppose if quick enough then they could punch in the code, but sometimes this might take more than one day, which user closes out the Calendar OAuth window.

When they come back with the code and move to do Calendar OAuth, they get prompt to ask IT for approval again. Overall, seems to be a different case.

@kevin_ly hope this is solved and can we close this?

I guess if they are quick enough maybe it be ok, but in most cases, it doesn’t. If this is an Outlook timing issue with the token then ok to close I suppose.

Looks like an Outlook timing issue with the token. We don’t have control over that.