Disable "+ Relationship" tab for the users

Related products: None

If you want to disable "+ Relationship" tab under Relationship section of C360 for a user, we need to disable the create permission on GS Relationship object. And to accomplish for all users except few intended users, one has to do the following-

[i]Remove create permission for all the profiles and define a new permission set and assign it to the user who will be creating relationships( i.e., customer should disable create permission on GS relationship object for all the user who are not using relationships and have the permission enabled for the ones which are creating relationships).

It would be great if we have the provision through Gainsight Administration to disable the tab for all the set of users in one go rather then going to setup and doing.

Something like "+ Survey" tab which can be enabled and disabled through Administration -> Surveys for a set of users

Thank you Shiv for the question.

We are currently working on developing permission in Gainsight which could be accessed though Gainsight's Administration tab. This feature would allow defining rules/policies on objects like relationship or relationship type which would help you control 'Which' GS user can do 'What' with the relationship. We intend to extend this functionality to "+Relationship" button as well, which would be enabled or disabled based on the permission the GS user has. 

We don't have a concrete timeline for the expected feature release, but hoping to get to this by mid of 2018 once the base permission's infrastructure is stable.
Hey Shiv, There is a way to restrict the Relationship tab on C360 page. Navigate to user profile and remove permissions on the GS Relationship object. Now the entire users who belongs to that profile will not have the access to Relationship tab on C360.

I suggested the same but there are few users who will be creating the relationship from SFDC and having the same profile. Then for that they need to create different permission set and assign that to only intended user. All this requires SFDC admin and long way process, rather it would be great if we can have something like we have for survey.

is this something that is being planned for NXT? thank you!