Customize dashboard export PPT

Related products: None

Do we have it in roadmap to allow customized PPT export from Dashboards?

My customers are asking for an option to customize the PPT exported from Dashboards. Currently, they are exporting the dashboard and manully editing it before sending it over to the users. The request is to reduce this manual effort by providing an option to upload their customized PPT and export the dashboard to it. 

We have suggested to use success snapshots 2.0 but there is no scheduling option in success snapshots 2.0 which defeats the purpose.

Hi @thejaswi_puvvada - the primary use case for dashboards is internal users, and for that we have Dashboard Sharing, which is a step above a powerpoint export, as it allows the user receiving the share link to make their own adjustments to filter criteria and enjoy a real-time data experience. https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/Reports_and_Dashboards/Admin_Guides/Configure_Dashboard_for_Sharing

Hi @dan : My customers are asking for a customized PPT option while sharing Dashboards as they want to send them across to EMEA/APAC/US Execs and they already have specific formats for the PPT. Gainsight exported Dashboard PPT does not have this customized look which the Execs are already familiar with (This is the major concern I have heard from my customers). 

@thejaswi_puvvada we are going to provide the capability to export a dashboard as PPT and also schedule these exports as needed (but you will not be able to customize this PPT dashboard) with the new revamped reporting framework that is already in beta.

Hi @dan_ahrens  and @sai_ram  

We are in need of dashboard exports into powerpoints specifically for some of our exec teams. Is there an easier way to do this? the current dashboard exports don’t really view well nor work the best. 

The ask is very similar to @thejaswi_puvvada  noted above where the execs are very specific on their asks. 

Hi @cnichols have you explored using Success Snapshots to create template driven Powerpoint and Google Slide presentations with embedded reports and customer specific data?

NXT: https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/07360/01About/Overview_of_Success_Snapshot

SFDC: https://support.gainsight.com/SFDC_Edition/360/About/Overview_of_Success_Snapshots_2.0

Hi @dan_ahrens  - briefly, but looks like its only a company level view? can you confirm this? 

Looking to use for our renewals business and our risk process so we need to build exportable views for our regional leadership teams with any company that has a renewal to be included (Some tabular reports as well as a few charts and graphs).

thanks for the insights!

Correct, those are at a company level. If you’re running your renewals business and risk process then you might be at a point where using a live dashboard is more useful rather than a static export. The live dashboard would not only have the current accurate data, but would also allow those on the renewals and risk calls to double click into any opportunity or risk to understand related factors or deep dive on account or person data. I know there are licensing considerations, but an export will never be as feature rich and useful as live dashboards and live access. 

Agree with what @dan_ahrens is saying but there are cases where a well designed PPT export is also a big time saver. I have a customer that runs a risk review meeting with 30+ slides and would want to streamline this through an export from the Dashboard rather than navigating through the dashboard in the browser