"Current User" tokens for Email Assist

Related products: None

I have a request from the client to be able to send out Email Assist emails using the "Current User" strategy which can be see in reports, etc. Essentially what they want is to be able to create a template with a "logged in user" token that grabs the current uses "ID" and then looks up to the fields on the user table. 

FYI: A key requirement here (which is in another feature request) is to be able to pull the field "phone" off the user table which doesn't appear to currently be possible. 
Great idea, Steve. I think logged-in user tokens will be very helpful. Added to the roadmap.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Adding my voice here. Would love to be able to include the Account Manager's phone number when sending a renewal notification.
Hi Seth,

If you'r looking for getting Phone number of the Account Manger assigned to Account, you can still get it now by creating a Formula field on Account to get phone number of Account Manager and map that in Email Assist.

Regards,

Hitesh
Thanks for mentioning it, Hitesh! I was also thinking that the Rule that generates the CTA could put [i]any info into a custom field on the CTA itself, which would make it accessible to the Email Template. So this feature request is less about making it [i]possible, and more about allowing me to avoid SFDC config complexity wherever I can.
Nitisha: any news on this suggestion? Also on the follow-up about making it possible to fetch the account manager's phone number and any other user's referenced into the account's hone number and title?

The workaround with the custom field on the CTA is interesting but our templates will also be used in advanced outreach (which won't have a CTA)
We ran into this issue last week trying to pull a calendar link from our CSM's profile. We ended up creating a custom field on the customer info object that pulls the link. Then we were able to use the new field and put it on the email assist.
It would also be good if the User could create an email signature with the same look as they would have in Outlook and be able to pick up that signature. We have tried picking up the signature created in SFDC but it doesn't render correctly.
Hi!  Any update on this feature request?  This would really help with the duplication of playbooks when tasks are the same, but sender is different and when we want to send from an alias--which we have multiple.
+1 from me as well! We use a pooled account model for a section of our accounts and being able to tokenize "current user" fields in templates for Email Assist would be really helpful for our users.

Bumping into another use case where this would be very valuable. Any updates on the timing?

Wanted to check in here, is this on the short term road map?

+1 Its a very useful feature when mutiple people are servicing accounts.

Adding my 2 cents here as well:

Currently one recommendation is to map tokens based on the CS Task Owner fields.

Then best practice would be to take ownership of the email assist task before sending the email. If you are the owner and you have tokens based on the CS Task Owner fields, then your information will be tokenized in the email template when sending. The benefit of this is audit trails and process management. You shouldn’t be completing a task that is not assigned to you. It makes it more difficult to do auditing/reporting on CTAs and Tasks. Additionally, following this process allows you to get the “logged in user” or “current user” fields and have them passed into the template via the tokens.

There are a few disadvantages to this method as well:

• For example, in SFDC Edition, the lookups to user don’t pull back as much information as desired (basically User ID, User Email, and User Name).
  • Additionally, in both SFDC and NXT Editions, you cannot add default mappings for CS Task and CTA fields from the Email Templates UI. You can do so when mapping the tokens in the playbook (good), and you can map them manually via an ad-hoc email assist task (not so good - the effort to add a mapping manually is more than just deleting the token and writing in the desired value)

I think the current workaround of using tokens from CS Task → Owner is sufficient for now (especially in NXT where all user fields are accessible). Allowing Logged In User details to be passed brings certain advantages (multiple users servicing accounts) and disadvantages (audit trails, users with different roles on different accounts - Company User and Relationship User would be needed, adding to complexity) as well, but after thinking about it, CS Task → Owner makes the most sense to me.

Open to thoughts from others.

I like the workaround of using the cs task owner fields but we’re missing title and phone number, to be able to create a full signature of name, title, phone and email address.

GS, please tell us if we will get "Current User" tokens for Email Assist soon? It seems like it was added to the roadmap 3 years ago.

Thanks!
Lyne

Hello All,
Have plans to introduce signature itself as one of the fields. For now “Current User”  can be pulled in as mentioned above by @jnunes .

Pitching in another request for this idea, and wondering if there is an update on ETA?

Any update on this one? 

Checking in on this one too, any updates? Lots of QOL easy wins like this are out there.

Yes please!

@gunjanm and @heather_hansen, we recently participated in a quick virtual call with Gainsight where this was one of the topics, right? Who were we talking with?

@matthew_lind it was @ssamarth I believe in a VCAM for Dynamic Email Signatures.

What is the latest on this? Critical component for our user adoption. We’re going to be forced to start exploring other tools if this is not on the immediate roadmap. 

Checking for updates and upvotes +1

Under ConsiderationAcknowledged

@CSGuru can you elaborate on the usecase where you plan to use the current user token