Copilot emails for CSMs to send

Related products: None

A few customers have asked for the ability to draft template emails via copilot, but for the final "send" button to reside with the CSM. So - the CSM gets the final say on when the email is sent, but does not have to take the time to draft the email contents. 
Great idea. This is planned item on our roadmap
This has come up with us this week. We'd like to trigger a CTA that says "Send X email to Y customer" and then the CSM sends the email through CoPilot. The idea behind this is the CSM should have relationship context with the customer to determine if they need to receive the email.
Lane, good news this is actively being worked upon. Don't have an exact dates, but please watch out for release notes in near future!
+1 for this need. We'd ideally like the CSM to have the ability to edit prior to send also, so they could add any personal touch if they wish 
We would also like the functionality for the CSM to send an e-mail from CoPilot and edit the template before sending as well. 
Is there any update on timeline for this enhancement? 
yes an update would be appreciated
Hi Gaurav - 

Will this feature include the ability for the CSM to decide NOT TO SEND the email outreach?
Yes with this no emails with be sent automatically. CSM will need to explicitly send. If they close the task without sending, it is essentially skipped.
Awesome Gaurav!  Any idea on target ETA?
Development is underway. It is planned for August release. 
One last question - will this only be available in the 5.0 UI or will it exist in 4.x as well?
Hi Jeff,

All such new development is happening on the new UI. We are on track to push 5.0 out to everyone early July, so should be OK? 
Wait no this is not ok.  The navigation is so much different, it will be a stark shock to our CSMs and we need time to be able to prepare internal training and documentation to roll out.   I'll follow up with our CSM.
Totally get the concern, Jeff. We have a related communication going out soon, with documentation, videos, etc. that should help. PMs are also available to address any questions or feedback.

We ran an early access program with some of our brave customers, and feedback so far has been positive, with minimal concerns around the learning curve. Still not a topic to be taken lightly at all, so please let us know if you have any thoughts on what would help you prep your team better.
Definitely more than just a couple weeks notice.  
A quick note on the navigation:

• We have introduced a new global navigation to easily get access to different Gainsight product areas. But this would only be available on demand, i.e., sits on the top left unless pulled in. The Salesforce tabs across the top are still available, if you haven't upgraded to lightning yet (like most). Additionally, the header will not keep auto-hiding the Salesforce tabs. We'll remember your last preference and act accordingly, within the same session -- minor, but should help a lot.

• Within each product area also, we have moved to a left-side navigation, which is definitely new behavior. Worked well for administration, as we were able to clean up all the tabs and tiles across the top.

• Both global and product area level navs have search to help find the right page.

I'd prefer a 'legacy mode' switch for at least an interim period so we can access the current UI...  We have a bunch of custom internal documents with screenshots etc to help various teams use Gainsight so it's no small task to update those, an then there's training on top of that... Will speak to our CSM also, but I'm hoping the rollout will include training videos/resources to make this as seamless as possible. 
Yes we have the same issue.  We created a lot of internal content that will now need to be updated.

One positive, I just remembered, we have auto-update disabled in our production environment, so we will have a bit of control around this going live to CSMs, but I believe it is important for Gainsight to recognize that customers need plenty of advance notice so they can adequately prepare.  From what I have seen there is enough of a change in the UI that it could disrupt end users - add to that, we are in the middle of training new teams to which we are rolling out in July.  This is really bad timing for us.  Had we known earlier, we could have been more prepared.

Manu - the earlier the documentation and videos can be shared with customer Operations teams the better.  
Yes, Jeff, we are looking into expediting the communication. Since you have opted out of auto-upgrades, we have a little more wiggle room. Obviously not ideal to not upgrade for too long, given how much stuff is coming out. Thanks for working with us on this!
Keep in mind Manu that rolling in new updates like this - especially when the end user experience has changed as much as it is - isn't something that can be just tossed out there overnight for most companies, and especially in large enterprise environments.  (It also occurs to me this may have an impact on the second instance of Gainsight we are in the process of rolling out as well - in a much stricter environment)

The issue here is the lack of adequate notice.  I hope to see a more consideration given to this need in the future.
Totally valid concerns. You should get the resources shortly, and we will honor all opt outs.

We did two months of actual customer testing, so feel confident of releasing. But in no way want to undermine the heads-up and training needed to switch over. 
I agree as well - allowing the CSM to edit the template to make it more personal for the customer would be of huge value.
We are very excited about the ability to set up emails in CTAs that CSMs will be able to send on to their clients. We have had some internal debate about which emails should have that CSM intervention as we try to balance efficiency vs relationship insight. One idea we had was to have an option to automate the distribution of the email in the CTA unless the CSM intervenes within a certain period of time. So, the CTA would say 'This email will fire within ten days, unless the CSM takes action.' The CSM can either choose to customize and send or cancel distribution. That way, the customer receives consistent timely messaging without extra effort by the CSM unless the CSM knows of special circumstances requiring modification of the message.
Love the idea Elizabeth. Maybe we can have time = due date of task. and have an option to send automatically on due date?