Can we create ONE bar chart or line graph that compares data year over year?

Related products: None

Can we create one bar chart or line graph that compares a single usage data metric, for example, from Jan - June 2015 and Jan - June 2016 overlaid on the same chart?  I'm not looking for two charts side by side but rather for a single chart where I can easily see the trends over specific months compared to each other.  If this is not currently possible, are there plans for adding year-over-year reporting?  Thank you.
Hi Elaine,

I was trying to think about how to do this and I think we'd have to aggregate by Year and then aggregate by Month. But I don't believe that reporting allows multiple levels of aggregation on the same field. Was that the way you were thinking about how to solve this as well?

-Dan
Thanks for the comments, Dan.  I don't know how to easily solve year-over-year reporting needs.  Perhaps someone from Gainsight product will have a suggestion...
I don't believe today you can overlay period comparison on same chart. What you can do is for time-series objects such as Usage data, you can plot time on x-axis, group by quarter, and then do the comparisons. If the data you want to do this on is not presented in a time-series schema, you'll need to copy that over via rules engine to usage data (or some other custom field)
Time series overlay is something that does make sense to do. We are moving into an architecture to better support multiple queries, that will enable us to do this in future, but no specific ETA
I tried this out and you're right, Gaurav. If I aggregate by year, it won't let me then aggregate by month. Only one aggregation per data field is allowed apparently.

This would be cool to do though as it would be ideal for YOY reporting by quarter or month where you could compare bars or lines right next to each other for the same quarter or month but each bar or line representing different years.
Is there an update on YOY abilities in reporting? 
Any update on ETA? 
I'm going to switch this to an Idea post for better tracking. 
I just stumbled upon this - We're trying to find a way to report on our accounts 'entered' this year, compared to last year. For example, Jan - Dec 2018 would be my Bar Chart, and then my Line would be the accounts added int 2017. I've attempted to 'trick' the software - but no success. By chance has someone found a work around for this type of a comparison?

Oh a year later and I find myself back at the same post, because this request came up again.  A functional Year over Year, or Month over Month comparison report.

This would be amazing in Adoption Explorer, as @skalle and I have previously discussed too. 

We have now added Year over Year support using date functions. Please see the date functions available today - https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/Adoption_Explorer/Admin_Guides/Adoption_Explorer_Functions#Date

We are working on adding a visualisation like comparing Month 2016 vs Month 2017 in the same chart too. Targeting for Q4