Being able to use email assist even if customer has opted out of email

Related products: None

It would nice to be able to still use Email assist even if a customer has opted out of emails.  This is technically coming directly from the CSM not the ORG email and should still be a possibility.  

Use case Customer has opted out of operation emails.  A CTA fires for this user with with an email assist task.  Since they have opted out the CSM is not able to email them even though the email looks like it would be coming from the CSM directly.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understood it that operational emails did not observe opt out settings. 

If so, it sounds like the request would be to classify email assist emails as operational, right?
Hi Chris,

Yes, we can still be able to use Email assist even if a customer has opted out of emails. 

Thanks,

-Sairam
Hello, 

For us, we are not able to use CTA>email assist if a customer has "email Opt out" checked in SFDC. The users name is unsearchable at this point. We are able to copy/paste the users email as a workaround. 
Hi Sai,

You are not able to search a user if they have 'email opt out' checked in SFDC.  When you search it does not return any information.

Thanks,

Chris 
Hi,

We have fixed this in summer release. Now you will be able to see all contacts in email assist (including opted out users).

Thanks,

Nitisha

to get some clarity on this issue. If the email template is set to Non-Operational will email assist automatically override the unsubscribed email and send?