BCC from Timeline - Search account via email not just company name

Related products: None

It would be an amazing feature if when BCC’ing an email from the Global Timeline that you can search via the customer email, not just by company name. This would make it so much easier and save a lot of time when assigning the emails to the customer accounts.

Hi Laura,

We are thinking about surfacing all the companies associated with the recipients of the email. Would it help?

Hi Nitisha,

Thanks for your response. Can you explain how that would work?

We add an email to draft when we are not able to associate the recipients to a single account. So the plan is to show all the matching accounts (for which recipients matched), so that you have to make the decision for a sub-set of options. 

@LauraThereseC did you get a chance to view comments posted by @nitisha_rathi? Please let us know if you need any help here.

Yes. The draft creation happens every single time our company BCC’s an email. We then have to enter the company name to find this account but to find the company name, we have to use the customer email to search for the company name in a separate Gainsight window so the process is very elaborate for us. If that search box in the draft field allowed to search via email address this would 100% solve our issue.

Is this what you are proposing? 

Also, just to add…..the accounts we are using and the email address associated with them are only ever linked to one account so we do not have multiple accounts linked to one email address. It is strange that we always get a draft in the first place when BCCing….

Do you perhaps know why this may be the case?

I appreciate your input with this. 

@LauraThereseC In this scenario, the emails should not go into drafts. Can you log a support ticket so that we can analyse it in detail

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. Yes, I shall raise a ticket now

@LauraThereseC is the issue addressed by our support team? Please let us know if you need any help?

@LauraThereseC I recently started going through all of the unanswered or unresolved problems and questions here. Was checking to see if this has been resolved or if it is an ongoing issue? Please let us know if you need any help here, always welcome.