Allow User object to be modified via API

Related products: None

API/Programmatic way to disable user and change user id of user when they are not more employed.(this is for Gainsight NXT)

@sai33335  we should allow creating User’s with some custom field and also disable users. This feature is very useful where we centralized system for User Management

@brijesh Thanks for your inputs, redirecting this to our product team for more visibility. 

Hi @brijesh  @sai_ram This is part of our external user api implementation, this is in our plan, ETA is yet to be decided. 

@uday Thanks for your input!

To expand on that, having an INSERT method on a User Enpoint would allow to create users on the fly with SSO.

i.e.: if user doesn’t exist, create on the fly, associate a license and a set of Permissions. Then grant login.

Hi All,

Is there a way to create/modify user and its respective permission using API.

Really appreciate your help there.

I have seen the similar post in : 

Just wanted to know if this is already in place or will it be in near future?

Regards,

Sandeep

Hi All,

Is there a way to create/modify user and its respective permission using API.

Really appreciate your help there.

I have seen the similar post in : 

Just wanted to know if this is already in place or will it be in near future?

Regards,

Sandeep

I merged this post in with the main topic about User APIs for consolidation of API action requests.

Is there any reference link or document which can be refer…

Regards,

Sandeep 

Our API documentation is here for NXT and SFDC editions, but the functionality around extended User APIs is still being reviewed/planned by our product team. 

Hi Team,

Thanks for the information, but i am looking specifically for User API. Do you have any ETA on when this will be available for us to use?

Also what will be the mode of the API like can we do update or its only be available for create mode.

Appreciate your help

Regards,

Sandeep

@Sandeep I will confirm with my product team and let you know. 

Hi @Sandeep, we are looking into this and will let you know as soon as we have added this in our roadmap.