Allow inline editing in tabular reports

Related products: CS Reports & Dashboards

It would be great to be able to view a tabular report, ie cases, opportunities, projects, etc. and be able to simply click on the cell in the tabular report, edit the cell, and have that update the associated object record. 
See attached picture for example. 

I'm a big fan of adding this capability. In the life of a CSM and manager there are always needs to edit data on multiple customers in as an efficient a way as possible. Having to open each customer's C360 or SFDC account page to edit this information is very time consuming and tedious.
I'm a big fan of this functionality too and have heard this request from more and more customers. Any news on if this is being considered/which release it's slated for?
I'd also be interested in any update on this request.  This was a top 5 request from our CSMs during my current Gainsight review.
This coming up more and more is there any update on this that has been considered as part of the roadmap. We are trying to determine working with Success Plans or Smartsheet for customer action plans and we are leaning toward Smartsheet because of the Smartsheet integration where you can map fields for inline editing where an update in SF will update in Smartsheet and an update in Smartsheet will update in SF. 
Hi Andrew

We have considered it and inline editing in reports is one of the top priority items on our roadmap. We are targetting to focus on this item in Q3 this year. Will keep this post updated, if we get a chance to work on it before that.

Thanks

Venky
If you need a user story when you get to that point let me know. 
This just came up with another customer today.  In their case, their CSMs would like the ability to view/edit CTA Tasks in a spreadsheet format without having to click each row to edit the details.  This could be a great feature for sure!
Just checking any update on where this is on the roadmap? This feature would be a huge win for our team.

+1, this would be super helpful for end-users as well as admins. Salesforce has this with List Views.

I have a customer requesting this functionality as well. +1

Is there any updates on this, is it still under consideration in the roadmap?

Is there any update or progress on this request? A GS employee commented over a year ago that this was targetted for Q3 - is this still on the roadmap somewhere?

+1 here too! This is a request that we’ll speed up our way to work!

Any update here @Gainisght? 

Would love an update on this also. I think it would require some additional enhancements include field-level security, but overall, a great feature request indeed.

For inline editing, it would be great if its in a report once end-users can see reports. Currently we can edit records via Data Operations but this is not an easy feature for CSMs to mass update a bunch of their accounts. 

As Gainsight becomes the central repository for customer data, it is important to be able to ensure the data is all accurate and up to date. The above ask is to be able to edit multiple records inline in reports. This will only be helpful if CSMs are able to see these reports in the Report feature. I don’t think this will be as useful if the report needs to be added to the Dashboard. Salesforce provides something similar with Mass Edit in List View. 

+1 to this please, we often have initiatives running where we need CSM’s to flag which accounts would be good targets - they currently do this via google sheets (arghhh!) which means we end up missing the information in GS for later reporting/analysis (sometimes we retrospectively update, but it’s a pain to have to). 

Hi everyone, 

I understand the efficiency gains we get via this inline editing. @muralikrishnagopu  is working on an awesome editing experience for Company/Relationships.

I have one question regarding this: What all areas do CSM’s want to update? Is there a need to support it for (low volume) custom objects too?

Hi @rakesh my current use is just for the company object, BUT I can see it being useful to extend to custom objects too. However as @gunjanm mentioned it would need to come with field-level security so individual fields could be selected for editing. Most of the fields in my custom objects for example are updated via rules/connectors/calculated fields, so if I wanted CSM’s to edit something I’d need to lockdown the others. And actually the same goes for the Company object really - lots of the fields are fed by SFDC data with SF being the source of truth so shouldn’t be able to be edited in GS at all. 

I also agree with @jean.nairon on the ability to share single reports. If I need to do this I am currently building a dashboard with just the one report included and sharing that, but it seems pretty cumbersome. 

@rakesh the big area where @jean.nairon and I came across this was for Opportunity forecast editing. Field-level security is key though, as it should also be for Attributes editing capabilities.

Thanks for all the inputs so far. A generic inline editable tabular report would definitely have to handle field level security. While this is something that is not on our short term radar right now, I will be working on understanding the benefits and the scenarios for this.  

For opportunity forecast editing, I would recommend you take a look at our Renewal Center. Because RC understands that the updates, etc. are on opportunity, we handle a bunch of validations and other scenarios which are hard to generalize in a table report. cc: @minh_phan 

@rakesh another object this would be really useful for is the Company Person, so CSM’s can quicky update their list of contacts without going to 360 and clicking on each person individually. For example cleaning up their lists and flagging who has left the company, or flagging those to be included within/excluded from a certain JO program.

I fully agree @HollySimmons. I think its a pretty tedious task updating contacts today and it would be great if this could easily sync back to Salesforce.

+1

We would like to edit Person and CompanyPerson records in reports

This would be a great tool to easily edit multiple rows. The only other solution I’ve found that works well here is to export the data to excel, update it, and then re-upload it. The Mass Edit tool works well too but often you have to change multiple records and they don’t all get the same values. 

This would be helpful for admins and CSMs or anyone else who needs to edit data in Gainsight.