Ability to merge success plans

Related products: None

Posting on behalf of a customer.

Customer is changing their strategy for using Success Plans and is wondering if there might be any plan in the future for us to have an ability to merge active success plans?

Instead of multiple plans per account, they would like to be able to merge everything into a single annual plan for an account.

Any thoughts on feasibility on this would be helpful!

Thanks
Hi Tom,

This is not planned, as of now. Is this a one time change or the customer would like to do it periodically?

Thanks,

Nitisha
This is a one time change.  Is it possible to perform in the back end somehow?
Hi Mike,

I am checking this with the engineering team, will get back to you with the update.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Hi Mike,

This can be done with salesforce data loader. CTA Group Id needs to be upserted in CallToAction object for all objectives CTAs which have to be moved from one success plans to another. Please note that it is important to upsert the correct CTA Group Id in correct fields, otherwise, this may lead to corruption of data. Please raise a support ticket if you need more information.

Thanks,

Nitisha
Is there any chance this could be released to allow a success plan to be emerged/updated via the rules engine with another success plan. 

i.e; There is an on-boarding success plan in place, then run a rule to add a 'change in manager' success plan template on top of the existing plan?
Hi Kyle,

If i Understand it correctly, the ask is to be able to Apply an Template to Existing Success Plan via Rules?

As of now Rule will update template only when Existing SP doesn't have any template appplied, but Re-applying template is not available. Though manually its possible.

How frequently will there be scenario's to re-apply template to existing SP?

Regards,

Hitesh
You are correct. I'm imagining having an existing plan, that is shared with a customer then have a rule automatically apply additional steps to that plan.

Our use case might be something like; a first - year plan, and then automate a CSM transition plan, or contact change plan on top of that existing plan
I would also like to see the ability to merge success plans. For example, a 2019 plan is created and has outstanding objectives and tasks that the client wishes to port over to a 2020 plan. There's an efficiency gain for the CSM if they do not have to re-key the objectives and tasks into the new plan.

@lauren_kennedy just FYI

Hi @sierra_evans - curious to get your thoughts on existing functionality.

Right now if you have an ROI sucess plan type on the account for 2019, and then add a new (same type) ROI success plan for 2020 the information on the details page will automatically fill in on the 2020 record.

If you make changes on the 2020 it will reflect on the 2019, however we could do some testing on if you close or delete the 2019 plan what happens.

Are there specifics of that functionality that you like? Think doesn't work? etc. Would love to hear!

Hey @lauren_kennedy! Thanks for the reply! This is actually more around the objectives and tasks associated than the plan info/details. We have some team members gearing up to add a large number of objectives and tasks into a success plan, and the use case was raised around whether we could automate porting them over into a new plan if that situation arose. Thanks, as always for your help!

Would like to have this functionality as well. Whether its rolling unfinished objectives from one success plan to another or combining multiple different success plans into one master one. 

Hi Josh

When you mean “combine multiple plans into a master one” is it about combining the objectives? Do you use the “Plan Info” section to capture details? 

On the rolling over unfinished objectives we have plans of giving the ability to clone a plan (with the option to copy over only open objectives). Would this help?

Hi @aditya_marla ,

Yes, I was thinking about combining objectives/tasks in my above comment. We have had a couple scenarios where this would have been useful:

1) As we evolve our use of success plans it would be nice to be able to decommission some of the older plans and roll any objectives into our latest standards and 2) Some of our team members have created success plans in anticipation of a larger amount of work but after further evaluation the objectives could be rolled into an existing plan.

In both cases it would be nice to have a merge function where we could choose a master success plan and combine it with another from an objective/tasks/timeline perspective. This way we could easily phase out unused plans or combine separate plans without having to manually copy and paste all the details over.

As far as rolling over objectives I think the ability to clone a plan as you described would be perfect!

Got it. For rolling over to a new plan copy should solve the need but the other case you mentioned (where you created a new plan but realize that there is not enough work for it to be its own plan, but rather be a part of an existing plan) - is the mani need just to move over the objectives? Can any other information be ingored? (Eg : Timeline entries made at the Plan level, details captured in the Plan info section?)  

@aditya_marla -  The main objective for us would be to capture what work has already been done in the old plan and move that over to the new plan. This would mean moving the objectives/tasks and timeline entries. The plan info section is trickier as I think it would be difficult to merge two of these together without creating some type of conflict so this section may need to remain manual.

Got it. Thanks a lot for sharing the deails Josh