Ability to "favorite" or view dashboards used most often

Related products: None

Not all of our users will user all dashboards and because we have so many, it can be a little annoying/time-consuming to search for the right one. It would be helpful if users could favorite the few dashboards that they visit most often and just have those appear or be surfaced at the top in the dropdown or elsewhere. 

Hi Ana, your request definitely makes sense. I also wonder if permissioning dashboards to just those users who need to be able to view them would help make the list more manageable?

@lila_meyer that is already the case, but this is partially a request for myself as well, as I see all of the dashboards and have some operational reports I am more interested in than others. The ability to surface just the ones I want would help with productivity.

Thanks for the feedback @ana_g. I will consider this idea when improving dashboards. 

• Is this specific to dashboards or more general ask? 
  • If we get the most used dashboards (top dashboards) in your Gainsight and surface them to the top, would it work? or will it have to be top used dashboards per user?  

We have favorite reports functionality, but it turns out that for a majority of our customers, on average, favorite reports are not used more than the rest. 

@rakesh for the time being, specific to dashboards, and I think each user probably has those they use more than other individuals so user-specific would be ideal. 

We have favorite reports functionality, but it turns out that for a majority of our customers, on average, favorite reports are not used more than the rest. 

I think they aren’t highlighted that well to be honest. I personally forgot that you can favorite reports but that’s because I look at so many as an admin, I have to organize them into folders, and even then am usually creating a spontaneous report that I don’t save just to check something real quick. I wonder if users will have the ability to also favorite reports once creating reports is extended to them? 

@ana_g Thanks for your feedback. We will consider your request based on other customers' interest. 

@All, please leave your comments/votes to increase the priority of the road-map. 

athenahealth has this request as well!  We have other departments outside of CSMs use dashboards, but obviously, the CSMs need the most reports.  We do use private dashboards for the smaller teams, so the CSMs do not see them, however, if you are on a smaller team and only use 1-2 dashboards, you see ALL the CSM ones.  It would be a lengthy process to maintain a list of all 400 + CSMs in our org and call the majority of dashboards “private” for them.  Additionally, the CSMs themselves have specialties among their teams, and while all should have access to a dashboard, like Revenue, some CSMs will use this dashboard much more often than others.

We would love users themselves to be able to determine which dashboards they use most often that can be seen at the top of the list.  Thanks for the consideration!

Hi All,

We are working on a few solutions for this problem. Can you share your feedback on the image below, which shows how favourite dashboards feature might look when implemented:

Hi All,

We are working on a few solutions for this problem. Can you share your feedback on the image below, which shows how favourite dashboards feature might look when implemented:

I am double-checking with my stakeholder, but this looks exactly like what they are asking me for!

Any updates on this request?

Hi @angela_domenichelli 

Favourite dashboards is released and is in production. To clarify, this is only being built for horizon analytics.

Hi @angela_domenichelli 

Favourite dashboards is released and is in production. To clarify, this is only being built for horizon analytics.

Great news!  My understanding is Horizon Analytics is in a Beta, and/or implemented in “waves” with only a few clients converted to Horizon Analytics.  I know my team has tested and provided feedback in Community.  Hoping all those issues are addressed soon so we can take advantage of the enhancements.

And we now have Dashboard Favorites!  Thank you!