Ability to add dimensions

Related products: None

Hi Team,

I have a feature request from users - “In Adoption explorer for “Analytics with Gainsight Milestone” we allow only Date as a dimension but users are looking to add other dimensions for generating the charts. As of now we don’t allow this but can we consider this as an enhancement and provide the opportunity where users can add the required dimensions too.”

Thanks,

Prathap

Hi Prathap

The way this Analytics works is for a Time trend graph - overlaying that with the Time Trend of Milestones. We cannot add any other dimension for that reason as then we will not be overlay one over the other.

If the desired behaviour is to add a Metric based on a Dimension, the way to do it would be to create a Derived Field of the metric where Dimension Field is added in filter. Then we can trend both the dimension metrics over a period of time overlayed with Milestones over a period of time.

I would love to hear more from you if there is any confusion on this but unfortunately this is not a valid use case that we can solve.

Regards,

Sailaja

Hi Prathap

The way this Analytics works is for a Time trend graph - overlaying that with the Time Trend of Milestones. We cannot add any other dimension for that reason as then we will not be overlay one over the other.

If the desired behaviour is to add a Metric based on a Dimension, the way to do it would be to create a Derived Field of the metric where Dimension Field is added in filter. Then we can trend both the dimension metrics over a period of time overlayed with Milestones over a period of time.

I would love to hear more from you if there is any confusion on this but unfortunately this is not a valid use case that we can solve.

Regards,

Sailaja

@prathap Thanks for writing here! Our product team needs your input here.

I’m a little confused about why it doesn’t allow other fields as well. I would have expected Analytics with Gainsight Milestones to function the same way as Analytics, but just allowing an overlay of milestones, however many of the filters I use on our other usage reports are not possible to use here.