Question

Process Question: Automated Emails

• 29 August 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Question for all my admin friends! We are sending out automated emails from the CSM at certain days of the customer lifecycle. We have them spread out so that they don't interfere with scheduled events the CSM completes, but obviously, there are times where the CSM may not complete one on time and run into the window of the automated email. My VP is asking if there's a way to prevent the automated email if a CTA was closed within a certain time period. I can do that obviously, but it definitely gets complicated. So, I'm wondering how others handle this situation. Do you just go ahead and have the email send or do you prevent them if another "live" action happened?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Heather! I'm not a strong JO user (the awesome @kelly primarily leverages that for us for marketing campaigns) but off the top of my head I wonder if this is a use case for moving the CTAs into a Journey Program? I believe it has the decision-based triggering related to the status of a CTA?

That's obviously some hefty revising of workflows though...

Userlevel 7
Badge +10
Thanks, @darkknight! My thoughts on it exactly. It would be a lot of work to re-engineer them all into a JO program with the emails. Or even rebuild the JO to exclude them I'm thinking. I currently left it at "I'll pull a report to show you how many times it's happened so we can decide if it's worth it."