Question

What custom CTA types have other people have created in addition to the out-of-the-box options provided in the tool?

• 23 August 2016
  • 5 replies

What custom CTA types have other people have created in addition to the out-of-the-box options provided in the tool?

5 replies

Badge +1
We created one just this past week called "Account at Risk". We are in the process of adding a picklist to the Call to Action object that would allow the CSM to add why the customer is at risk (Going out of Business, TTV, etc.) so that we can report to the executive team on what is driving our customers to be at risk. We are then syncing this to a SF field as well for visibility across the org. Eventually we would like to have the data or the customer health create these automatically with a playbook for the CSM to engage on. 
Badge +3
Internally at Gainsight we have created a CTA Type called "Product Risk" that we use when there is a non-defect product issues that is causing major problems for a customer.  The CTA gets assigned to the product team. 
Thank you for responding.  I am thinking about creating a type called 'renewal' for CTAs specifically created based on our renewal process as opposed to using something like 'event'.
Badge +3
Makes sense.  The most powerful thing that CTA Types gives you (IMHO) is the ability to define the fields on the CTA -- basically a form in the CTA.  I see this as a somewhat underutilized capability.  Any time there is a different set of data that you want to collect or associate with a CTA, create a new type.  Having said that, if there is nothing really different about the CTA other than what it is used for, then you may not need a new Type, just name the CTA appropriately.  I could imagine that Renewal could have some very specific things that you want to capture. E.g. you could have a field for Renewal probability that the CSM updates as he or she works the CTA.  That would be very interesting for reporting.  The ability to link to Salesforce Opportunities is potentially relevant here too, of course.  In some situations it could make sense to have two different renewal probabilities -- one in the CTA and updated by the CSM and another on the Opportunity and updated by the sales rep.  
That is really interesting to know, thank you.  Sounds advanced for my knowledge at the moment! As a follow up question what I would like to do with these 'Renewal' type CTAs is also lay a milestone.  My preference is to lay a milestone once the CSM has closed the CTA to indicate they have taken action, i.e. schedule a renewal call, as opposed to lay a milestone when the CTA is created.  I'd love to hear if anyone is doing something similar and why they went with one approach over another regarding how the milestone was laid.