Votes

• 18 September 2019
  • 4 replies

Badge
I feel like I'm asking for a lot of things, and this probably doesn't fit here but commenting anyway - I understand there's a 'like' function here, but within the ideas section, it would be nice if we could see the highest voted ideas and also an option to vote for them or what have you. I saw a post from @julie_pinto about alerting on PM errors, which is a great idea - there were some likes, some comments, but I have no idea whether we would have more collective 'juice' through commenting, through clicking like, or where these ideas ultimately end up - I'm also too lazy to try and look through all the ideas here and 'thumbs up' all of them, so a kind of vote system for ideas, and maybe tagging them when they're something you've created an RFE or whatever for would be cool.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @cjacksonfe ! Thanks for sharing your feedback. Currently, "likes" are the same as votes. However, we're in the process of migrating to a new Community platform where voting for Ideas will be more explicit, and you'll also be able to view the Ideas with the most votes.

Could you explain this last comment a bit more? "maybe tagging them when they're something you've created an RFE or whatever for would be cool."

Badge
@lila_meyer Sure thing - so for the use case of the Product Mapper alerting thing @julie_pinto brought up (and this may be a case where I didn't do enough research to quantify my assumption) - was her idea put on a roadmap, or submitted as a feature request somewhere? As a CSM, I'm constantly hit from customers who feel that their ideas/feature requests fall into a black hole, so they kind of reach a terminal velocity of sorts and stop saying things at all because nothing they suggest/recommend seems to go anywhere.

So the comment was to say could there be an indication (which may be the "Planned" tag you're using) if the idea is something that's being implemented/roadmapped/scheduled for watercooler meeting this afternoon/etc.?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Gotcha. Yes, our product team's intention is to add status to Idea posts here on the Community, so members will understand if the request is planned for a future release, under consideration, implemented, etc. Since the PX area of Community is fairly new, you may not have seen a lot of movement on the Ideas just yet, but some of them are marked Planned. We also intentionally let some ideas simmer for awhile to gage popularity, understand different customer's use cases, etc.

@sai_ram_pulluri and @prashant_mathapathi let's partner to make sure that PX Ideas that come from Community and are implemented, 1) get their status updated on the Community, and 2) are identified in the PX release notes as coming from the Community. (just like we do with CS!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@lila_meyer sure thing!