More options for Email notifications from Community

• 31 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I love the community and enjoy the growth of activity over the past several months.

It would be nice if I had more options on email notifications on posts/topics as subscribing will send whenever there is a new post on the topic or comment on post.

I would like to option of having a daily digest of activity or summary rather than receive a separate email for each activity. I would like to have the ability to select which topics I would prefer to see all activity and which ones I’d only like a daily or weekly update.

Not sure if this is possible in the platform as it doesn’t appear to be in Profile Settings.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the feedback, John! I’ll pass it along to our community vendor, and let you know if these enhancements are planned.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I voted for this enhancement on our vendor’s own community :wink: , but it doesn’t appear to be planned at the moment. I’ll let you know if I hear an update!

Badge +1

I’m very tempted to remove myself from the Gainsight Community notifications altogether because there is not a daily (or weekly) digest option.  And I’m a new customer who really needs to stay connected here through my implementation.  You all are sending me WAY too many emails with each individual submission that comes through on a topic of interest.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello @susan_parker, apologies about this. We understand that the constant notifications could be disturbing, please allow me sometime while I work in the back end to check if the notification option has more options. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@john_apple@susan_parker, some more control on email notifications, and thanks to @lila_meyer for following up with our vendor; under your profile dropdown > Settings

The broad Category wide Subscribe/Unscribe option continues to be available the same way.

Badge +1

@anirbandutta Thanks -- that helps a little bit. 

But I’m not seeing a daily or weekly digest option.  That’s what would actually be helpful.  I’d like to scan a list of items to stay aware of various discussions, and then choose which ones I want to drill into.