Felicia Romano's CSM Success Story - How SV Academy and Pulse+ Training Launched A New Career

Felicia Romano's CSM Success Story - How SV Academy and Pulse+ Training Launched A New Career
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

More than a few of us have changed careers since the pandemic started, after re-assessing what’s most important to us and how we want to spend our time. Last Fall, Felicia Romano took the opportunity to reinvent herself as a Customer Success Manager by leveraging CS YOU, a unique training bootcamp program run by SV Academy in partnership with Gainsight. The CS Associate Program provides jobseekers with the technical skills and qualifications to begin a Customer Success career, including connecting learners with internship opportunities and job placement support. 

I recently talked with Felicia about her experience with SV Academy and the supplemental training she leveraged in Pulse+, a customer success e-learning companion from Gainsight. 

Below are a few of my favorite quotes from our conversation, but check out Felicia’s story in her own words, too!

“I was looking for the best platform [that would help SaaS companies], and thinking if we piecemealed it all together, we’d be able to see how effective customers were… until I joined SV Academy and saw there’s a better way, and it’s called Customer Success.

“I found the diversity and inclusion very encouraging [in the Pulse+ training]. When I got to see women on this platform being CEOs and working at high levels of business… It helped me see for myself a career path that went beyond entry level… It made me feel like I was grounded and on the right path.”

“The company that I’m with now is rolling out Gainsight… and I’m considered one of the more knowledgeable people about the platform because of my training with SV Academy and Pulse+, and that’s amazing.”

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Felicia’s story is so inspiring!  I love how she’s now the expert at her company.  It’s great to see how Gainsight’s training is helping women to succeed and grow in their careers. 🎉

Userlevel 4
Badge

Love the story! Very insightful.

Badge +1

I love seeing people get to reinvent themselves and find the path they want to take! Felicia’s story really shows the importance of representation at every level.