Question

Anyone recently take the Gainsight admin test?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

has anyone recently taken the certified admin test?  How did you prepare?

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi Denver, Good question! I understand wanting to hear from folks who recently took the exam. Tagging a few folks who took it very recently for comment on their prep process: @godwin_saldanha @heather_hansen @jasminebondc @jochle  @aschreiner @cjacksonfe 

Resources you need to prepare for the Gainsight Administrator Certification for NXT, created by our education team: 

• One-pager: why get certified, exam format, etc.
  • Study Guide: resources to help you prepare for the exam
  • FAQ: common questions about the certification process
  • Slide for presentation to your execs or interested participants
Userlevel 4
Badge +2

The test will challenge you on understanding; definitely was a good question track around being an admin. Study guide was good with direct links. For the SFDC Edition admins out there (like myself) highly recommend watching the 30 minute video on NXT.

Good Luck!

Badge

Hey! In preparing, I went through each of the areas I was soft in (that I haven’t practiced in my day job) on the Gainsight education page,  and that helped tremendously. 

I looked for a primer of sorts or one of those note card quiz sites, but found nothing really relevant to NXT. Make sure you understand the limitations, requirements and possible configuration options for each feature, at a minimum, and you’ll do great! I was too excited to take it and didn’t use the available guides, and I’d only used NXT so didn’t watch the salesforce edition video either (but honestly, might not be a bad idea just to ensure you’re prepared). Good luck and go get ‘em!!

Badge

I will second what @cjacksonfe said above. Definitely make sure you understand the limitations, requirements, and config options for each feature. Knowing specifically what you can and can’t do for each product and step in any process. The questions could be very specific like “What kinds of formulas are available for x process?”. There are many “choose all that apply” questions which can be tricky. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Agree with what everyone has said above.  I definitely used the study guide and studied the differences between SFDC and NXT.  Honestly, it was challenging, but not too hard.  :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I agree as well with everything that was said above. I’ve worked a lot in both versions and there are some key differences that you will want to understand. The study guide is a great help for this. Have a look at the last page. 

Happy studying!!

Badge +1

Hi @lila_meyer I was curious if the linked study guide is the latest one or if there is a more recent one? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yes @nguruswamy that’s the most current Study Guide for Level 3. There’s also a free practice exam available for Level 3 on webassessor.com/gainsight so be sure to check it otu!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Awesome thread this, thanks for starting @Dkirkpatrick.

In fact @seth who started out as. Gainsight Admin first and then took up his role as the Dir. of the CS Ops Community puts together a very actionable learning plan. Some great personal experiences shared in the comments!

How Anyone Can Become a Gainsight Admin

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @lila_meyer

Can I get the study guide, FAQ and the slide in a PDF format?  Due our security settings, I cannot access Google Drive.  

Thanks,

Rhonda

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@rho_ran_experian Please find the Level 3 Study Guide and FAQs and slide attached as PDF files. If anyone needs assistance, feel free to email training@gainsight.com

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@lila_meyer Thanks so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Now we have this beautiful group of beginner admins, moving this always relevant thread there.

Badge +1

Just completed Level 2 Certification and beginning Level 3 prep.

In addition to all the guidance above, also asked working Admins for exercises to implement on a training instance.

g