Welcome to the Gainsight Customer Success Community!
Gainsight is a community of real people who are passionate about customer success. Our Community strives to be a place where members will:
- Discuss product questions, best practices, solutions and workarounds
- Share product feedback and have your ideas acknowledged and implemented regularly
- Connect with peers through discussion, build rapport on the Community, and during events
- Feel appreciated for their contributions, help others and “pay it forward”
We invite you to participate, but we do have a few guidelines for using Community.
When creating your account, be sure to use your real name and your work email address. You can add a personal email address as a secondary option, but a work email helps us to identify which company you work with. Including a secondary email address will help you maintain access to your profile if you change companies later.
We encourage you to include a photo and your position title/role. Sharing your real name and photo helps others relate and engage with you as a valuable and recognizable member of the Community.
Expectations for Engagement:
We’re a community that wants to help and be helped! So go ahead and post any product or customer success question or idea, best practice, or use case you’re interested in using Gainsight to support! Know the answer to a question or want to share a relevant experience? Go ahead and help a fellow member out!
The Community is a forum where Questions, Problems, & Ideas are discussed among members and Gainsight employees.
- Engagement among members is strongly encouraged by Gainsight
- Due to the nature of the forum, responses are NOT guaranteed
- Gainsight Employees will try to respond within two business days, if an employee response is needed
- If a resolution is urgent, not covered on the Community, or a specific use case, please reach out to mailto:email@example.com for help
- If possible, document answers or workarounds on the Community to help others in the future
- Gainsight employees will do their best to contribute to discussions, solve problems, and answer questions
- Gainsight employee’s main focus is on updating Idea statuses (feature requests) to ensure that all members are kept up to date on the timeline in regards to the product road map
- Not all Ideas are possible for various reasons, but Gainsight employees will make sure to inform you of “work-arounds” if a specific feature is not planned in the foreseeable future or achievable
Conversation is an essential part of our community. All we ask is that those conversations stay honest and considerate. Don’t post obscene, hateful, or objectionable content. Don’t post personal information or customer data. Don’t post copyrighted content without permission. A healthy debate can take place without ever attacking people personally. Think about that when responding to others, and ask yourself the question: Is this how I would want to be treated? Remember there are no stupid questions, so be kind and help everyone out.
Please don’t post the same topic multiple times or post links to your own personal website (unless it would help). If a user posts spam, we will block the user and delete the posts. If you see a suspicious post, please do not click on any links it may contain. Email mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org to report any suspected spam.
Points and Badges:
For an explanation on how to earn points and badges on the Community, click here!
Thank you for considering these rules, which are, themselves, carefully considered. As with any community, it’s up to each of us to create and participate in open conversations that can bring us together.
Q: How is posting to Community different from submitting a Support ticket?
A: If you need urgent assistance, please contact mailto:email@example.com or submit a ticket. Also, if you are fairly certain you’ve encountered a product bug, we recommend reporting it to Support to expedite the triage process. Please see the next FAQ for more guidance on what to post on the Community.
Q: What is the difference between Idea, Question and Conversation type posts?
A: Post types:
- Idea - submit product feedback or feature requests/enhancements you would like to see implemented on the Gainsight roadmap
- Question - ask for help with use-case situations, assistance configuring features/functions, or any topics that need further clarification
- Conversation - discuss best practices, use cases, etc.
Q: Can we access Community from mobile phones?
A: Yes, you can access Community online via smartphones and tablets.
Q: Can I update or change my email address (login) when I update my password?
A: After you login, you can change your email address in your profile page.
Q: Can I update my alternate email address?
A: You can enter a secondary or alternate email address as part of the registration process.
Q: If I have any questions or problems with my account, who do I contact?
A: Email the Community Management Team at any time with questions, account problems, or to report suspected spam at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How do I set or change my Community notification preferences?
A: After logging into the Community, click your profile picture in the upper right corner. Then select Profile Settings and Email & Notifications.
Q: How do I follow a specific topic or post?
A: Navigate to the Topic page, or an individual post. Then click the Follow icon or button.
Q: How do I vote for an Idea?
A: Click the Vote option underneath the post.
Q: How do I earn points or badges on the Community?
A: See this article for more info.