Solved

Why is every new task created defaulting to Status: Closed?

• 15 August 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge +1
I just realized that whenever I create a new task under a CTA, the template that comes up has the Status by default set to Closed

This confuses some people so I was wondering if this is a bug or if it something we have misconfigured somewhere.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks!

Marcelo
icon

Best answer by dan_ahrens 15 August 2017, 23:08

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hey Marcelo,

This is configured in Administration -> Tasks

Hope this helps!
Badge +1
Alex,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Do you know specifically where in Administration > Tasks? I do not see any place where I can select the default status (unlike what we have in the CTA config section).
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Updated my comment with a screenshot! It is at the very bottom. At first I thought you were asking about CTA statuses so I had to fix my response a bit 🙂
Badge +1
Awesome Alex! Thanks a lot! Might be worth submitting a documentation enhancement for this portion. Thanks a ton! That did the trick.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Marcelo,

I believe this documentation page has the info you need: https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CTAS_Tasks_and_Playbooks/Admin_Configuration/Int...

Default Open Status: This option is available in the CTA status section. When adding a new CTA in the Cockpit, this will be the default.
Badge +1
Thanks Dan. That is for the CTA but not for the Tasks. I think it is a bit confusing on the tasks side as you have the Defaults section where it states open status and then just Gainsight. Maybe even contextual help in that page might help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Good catch, Marcelo. I missed that detail. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
There's actually a separate article for configuring CTA Tasks. Since the process of configuring Cockpit has multiple steps, we created a documentation path to help walk an Admin through the end to end process.