Solved

Update a task date and close it automatically

• 14 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello all,

we are on the sf.com version of GS still. We’d like to update the due date and close the task of a long playbook once the implementation is done. We were hoping to use a rule to load to CSTASK but that action does not show up. Alternatively, I cannot add CSTASK in my Rules Load Actions settings.

As anyone needed to update the due date of an existing task automatically? If so, how did you do it?

p.s. I know that I could split the playbook/CTA in half and start the second half with the implementation being done… And I might have to do that if we cannot find how to update a task…

Thanks!

Lyne

icon

Best answer by heather_hansen 14 June 2021, 19:48

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@lyne_therien You might just need to make sure that the GS integration user has access to read/write to that object to get it to show up in the Rules Load Actions settings.  Our Task object does appear there for me.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks @heather_hansen. My sf.com admin did that but still no CSTask showing on the list for Rule Load Actions.

Maybe I need to contact support, now that I know it’s possible.

Thanks!
Lyne

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Have you run into this @CurtisValentine?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@heather_hansen:  were you able to actually write to the CSTask object? I wonder if you set CSTask in Rule Load Actions a while back. I’m asking because:

1. I made sure that our API user has read/write access to CSTask
  2. I still cannot see it in the list when going to the Rule Load Actions.
  3. GS Support told me: SFDC - CS Task object is a Gainsight Managed Packaged object which holds Call To Action (Tasks) data. And unlike other SFDC objects, Gainsight  Managed Package object are not writable by Rules.  So it will not be possible for you to add CS task in Rules.

I’ll let GS support know that others were able to add CSTask to the Rule Load Actions. We’ll see what they say.

Thanks!
Lyne

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@lyne_therien I must have been rushing and didn’t pay full attention to your ask.  Sorry I should have been more specific.  

I have rule currently that’s writing to the Task object, and not the CSTask object.  So, my rule is writing to the task in SFDC and not GS.  In my case, I’m adding information to the task in SFDC that has synced over from GS.  

If you are syncing the task, you can use the SFDC Task object to update the fields you need there, and it does sync back over.   Not elegant, but will hack to do what you are trying to accomplish I think. 

So, I just created a test CTA with tasks, and then, jumped over to SFDC and updated the due date and status, and then, came back to GS, and refreshed, and my changes carried over. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Heather, that’s an interesting workaround… Thanks, I’ll try that!