Solved

Report on CTA Origin

• 27 July 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
I feel like someone posted about this already but I can't seem to find it. I'm troubleshooting some CTAs and I can't seem to pinpoint HOW they were created. I know the rules that are SUPPOSED to create the CTAs I'm looking at.... but the account that has the assigned CTAs don't match the Rule criteria at all.....

So I'm stuck because our CSMs have these CTAs that WEREN'T supposed to be triggered and I can't seem to troubleshoot as to how they were created.

Is there some way we can create a report to see HOW and WHEN CTAs were created - essentially something that shows the origin of the CTA: created via rule (with rule name), created from Survey settings CTA, etc. There are so many CTAs and it would nice to quickly see where they originated from.
icon

Best answer by darkknight 27 July 2018, 18:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey Faust - on the Call to Action object there is a Source field that tells you how it was created - Manual or Rules. But I don't believe you can tell which rule created it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
There is a Rules Action ID also... I have not yet been able to figure out how to use that to map back to the rule since Bionic Rules aren't included in the Config Snapshot yet.  I assume the Action ID would be listed there. 
Badge +3
Yeah, not having bionic rules included in the Config Snapshot is still a struggle for me. 

The only way I've been able to track down the origin of CTAs (if Rules generated) is to look at the created date/time on one of the Call to Action records and check the Rules Timeline to try and match with an End Time. Then check the results of the rule to see what happened. This has also been helpful to find out 'who or what created this unneeded relationship?' or similar questions.

Not an ideal route, but has help me.  
Badge
Thanks ya'll! I've used a combination of both your suggestions. :D