Question

Question. How are you using Gainsight to track multiple departments that touch an account? And then report on them?

• 12 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge +3
When an account comes on board with us, it can be touched by up to several departments - depending on the account.  As we start to bring on more internal users to Gainsight, we're wondering how other companies are tracking multiple departments and their use in Gainsight.  From both the customer side and the internal side.

2 replies

Badge
Hi Sagan, tell me a little more about the kind of touches you are looking to track and make visible. Actions that are taken or more high level use like Gainsight page views?

Tracy
Badge +3
Hi Tracy!

I'm looking for how other users are using Gainsight to track their multiple departments within their company.  Right now, we're using CTA Types to break up the departments - and how they touch the account.  But curious to know how other companies are tracking multiple departments.  In the end - we may have around 20 or so different Departments/Areas using Gainsight.  While the common factor is the account itself.

[i]

While we do have back end items setup that allow us to report on the users Manager and Proper Department Name, we're curious to know how other companies are using Gainsight to track their multiple departments.

SS

[i]