Question

Owners listed in the Cockpit drop down menu who no longer have licenses.

• 9 February 2016
  • 6 replies

In our "Cockpit" view, we have two owners listed in the drop down menu who are no longer with our company and no longer have Gainsight licenses. These people were previous owners of CTAs but we have since transferred all of their accounts & CTAs over to different managers. However, both names are still listed under the owners section in the Cockpit even though we have removed their licenses for Gainsight. Can you assist? Thanks so much in advance.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
I think that Owner field looks at the Salesforce user list. In mine, I can search for individuals whom I know have a Salesforce login, but do not have a gainsight license, and they show up in the list. Probably have to delete the user from Salesforce altogether - if that is possible?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Kerry,

Is this something you were able to solve or is there any assistance I can provide you here?

Thanks,

Steve Davis
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi Kerry,

I recently started going through all of the unanswered  or unresolved problems and questions here. Was checking to see if this  has been resolved or if it is an ongoing issue/question?

If the issue still exists,here is the solution for it. We can achieve this use-case from Mass Edit. You can filter all your CTA's by owner name and assign them to new owner . Please follow the link.

https://support.gainsight.com/Product_Documentation/CTAS_Tasks_and_Playbooks/Admin_Configuration/06_...

Please let me know if you need additional support. 

Thanks,

sairam
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Sai, I think Kerry has already re-assigned the CTAs to new owners. I believe the issue is that the owners still show up as options in Cockpit when users are assigning CTAs and tasks. My guess is that the users need to be de-activated on the SFDC side of things in order for them not to appear in menus in Gainsight.
Lila, unfortunately even after a SFDC user is deactivated they still show up in the dropdown.  
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Ah. So if this is still an issue for customers, perhaps it needs to be converted to an Idea for consideration. We'll wait for further input.