New Horizon Experience cockpit: tasks in CTAs assigned to someone else

Related products: None

I was checking the documentation for the new Cockpit implementation with Horizon Experience at https://support.gainsight.com/Gainsight_NXT/04Cockpit_and_Playbooks/02User_Guides/Cockpit_New_Functionalities_and_Improvements_(Horizon_Experience) and noticed the following comment:

• My CTAs view does not display CTAs where you own a task but does not own the CTA.

As we often have CTAs assigned to 1 person and tasks to someone else, this feels like a blocker to switch to the new experience. Will this be addressed in an upcoming release?

Hi Jef

Based on the recent feedback that we received, we have planned to implement this soon and we’ll keep you all updated.

Hi @Jef Vanlaer 

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve now restored the earlier functionality of My CTAs. So, My CTAs will show you even those CTAs where you own the task but not the CTA.

There shouldn’t be any blocker for you now in the new Cockpit UI :slight_smile:

Thanks for restoring and the quick update @ankush_thakur 

@ankush_thakur we actually would like the opposite - our CSMs see too many CTAs in their Cockpit that are still open and owned by others, but their own tasks are completed. This makes their Cockpit look too busy. How can we toggle against this? cc @foster.sean92 @lindseyyoung5 @john_cascarano 

Hi @gunjanm 

As of now, there is no toggle as such. We’ve just restored the original functionality of My CTAs.

But I agree with your point, the no. of CTAs will increase in that view which will make that view look busy. We’ll discuss it internally within our team and see if there is any easy workaround available here.

@aditya_marla ++

Thanks @ankush_thakur please keep me posted, as this was communicated to us as being a bug that we would be exposed to when migrating to NXT but fixed with the Horizon Experience in Cockpit. We were very unhappy to learn that this was actually intended functionality, as it is discouraging the use of cross-collaborative playbooks due to noise. 

cc @john_cascarano @lindseyyoung5 @foster.sean92 

@gunjanm We are planning to solve your problem through a different view (shows only CTAs and tasks assigned to you). This is in our near term roadmap (next two quarters).

@All, changing this to idea post for better tracking purpose.