Question

Kanban in Cockpit

• 9 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

It would be a great user experience to be able to drag and drop CTAs between statuses in a Kanban style.

It would also be great to be able to move a customer between stages in a Kanban style.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Interesting idea… do we have something similar in the works @sriram pasupathi ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @sam_buddery - one question on this idea - what kinds of CTAs would you see as being good candidates for this workflow? Wouldn’t most CTAs require the owner to open them and take some action (read the playbook, take notes in Timeline, change a linked field, etc)? If they’re just moving the CTAs in Kanban style, they wouldn’t be opening the CTA to get the relevant details or taking notes to provide updates. So either they’re short cutting the required work on the CTA, or if the work is not really required on the CTA, then should that CTA have been triggered in the first place?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @dan_ahrens :grinning:

We get the request a lot from customers who want to move tasks between stages similar to managing tickets in tools like Jira… 

The other use case in Customer management is to move the customer between stages which is separate from CTAs but highly requested

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m curious about the use case examples in more detail, if you have any top of mind. I sort of suspect that the request for this functionality might come from a limited understanding of how CTAs are intended to work and therefore the association with ticketing type systems (which Cockpit isn’t really designed to be)?

Hey @dan_ahrens, I hear this request from my CSMs often - kanban style would be more user friendly. Similar to Trello board - you can still open the cards, and have there action (read the playbook, take notes in Timeline, change a linked field, etc). You can do all that in Trello too, but the list view of CTAs vs the Kanban view of CTAs would make the CTA management more user friendly in general.